Call or raise turn?

BubbleboyBubbleboy Red Chipper Posts: 22 ✭✭
This is a hand from a $22 MTT. Im am currently 1/20 with 462k, villain has 412k, 16 places paid. Villain SEEMS on the loose/aggro side of the spectrum but not enough hands to be sure. Blinds are 5k/10k.

V on SB
Hero on BB :7d:9d

Action folds to V and raises 26k (his standard raise)
Hero calls

Flop (60.8K): :6d:Ts:Kd
V checks
Hero checks

Turn (60.8K): :6d:Ts:KD::8c
V bets 29.2k
Hero ?????

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,521 -
    It would seem a small raise is in order.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Being so close to the bubble coupled with V's profile id be tempted to jam.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,521 -
    blindraise wrote: »
    Being so close to the bubble coupled with V's profile id be tempted to jam.

Rationale?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • WassenaarWassenaar Red Chipper Posts: 48 ✭✭
    I'm not to sure about what to make out of his actions on the flop. But I certainly can't see how just calling would benefit you here, hence I'd also lean towards the raise. 60-70K seems appealing (not that steady at sizing thou).

I would target value from all K, some Ts and hands like 87 which might bet this turn. Decent amount of drawing possibilities in your raising range as well, and I think a raise here should be better to invite your opponent into making further mistakes rather than hoping he'll fire another bullet on the river. There are also a lot of rivers that might slow V down, and some rivers are bad enough for V that he might be able to make a great fold if you decide to slowplay to stab the river.
  • March422March422 Red Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Ill preface this with the fact i mostly play cash since black friday.

I think on the turn you could be raising a bunch of semi bluff hands and even some thin value planning to check back or shove rivers with good information.

If you raise here and chunk up pot for a river shove you are putting a ton of pressure on V here. He is 2nd in chips and right now a big threat to you taking down the tournament. I would look in general to try and attack this guy with position and more chips.

If you raise turn to 100- 110, maybe a little big, v should realize hes going to be bluff catching on the river and you could have just about anything here. He will have zero clarity and be guessing or playing face up. Maybe hes the type that will ship his weakish Kx or maybe hes the type to fold either way this is a spot to apply pressure imo and gives v a chance to make huge mistakes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file