UTG: €10.67 (106.7 bb)
CO: €10.70 (107 bb)
BTN: €5.19 (51.9 bb)
SB: €9.26 (92.6 bb)
Hero (BB): €12.65 (126.5 bb)

SB posts €0.05, Hero posts BB €0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.15) Hero has
:Ks:9s
fold, CO calls €0.10, fold, SB calls €0.05, Hero raises to €0.40, CO calls €0.30, fold

Flop: (€0.90, 2 players)
:7s:9h:4d
Hero bets €0.57, CO calls €0.57

Turn: (€2.04, 2 players)
:Kc
Hero bets €1.29, CO raises to €2.78

Hero?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,838 -
    This is likely how V plays a set, but that's not their entire range so I'm not folding top 2. Pre your raise is a bit of a tweener. Either go bigger or just check.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Kat. I guess at those limits I would prefer checking preflop. The minraise (on any street) is a sign of strength. Especially from a passive opponent. I think you can fold this on the turn eventhough it doesn't feel right. Try to filter those hands when facing a minraise and saw showdown. This should help you a lot.
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭✭
    Before considering folding you need to assess how many bluffs and worst hands he got here.
    Personnaly i call the raise, the hand can eaisly be ahead right now and in the case we are beat we have outs and the price is simply too good. Folding is likely a mistake.
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24
    Think about this, you are blocking so much of his value raising range that it will be easy for him to overbluff here since his value range is very very narrow. That is why folding is most likely criminal for that raise size.
  • kytmagickytmagic Red Chipper Posts: 204 ✭✭
    Yeah, I'm not convinced it's crazy strength here at 10 NL. I have seen lots of Kx from Villians in this spot
  • Peepers288Peepers288 Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    my two cents:

Don't bother raising from the BB in this spot. Simply said, K9 (even suited) isn't profitable enough.

On the turn, I'm not folding either but I'm not happy about it. The couple of people right above me have great points, so i want to echo them.

Another way to think about it. Let's break villians range into two simple parts. The value range we beat and the value range we lose to.

Value range we lose to:
    It's hard as hell to flop a set, plus you have a blocker to top set on the flop. So just based on combonitorics, they're not very likely to have a set. and if they do - you still have outs for a BIG pot!

Value Range we beat:
    a big Kx. This type of villian may even have limped with AK/KQ and raised the turn when he hit.

Both of these tell me we pretty much need to call down here on most bet sizes. We let him value-own himself when we're ahead and keep the pot modest. And when we're beat, call down anyways because we'd be getting odds and he doesnt have a set very often.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file