50NL - KK on a wet board

Peepers288Peepers288 Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited January 24 in Online Poker Hands
Hi everyone, first thread post here. This is on Pokerstars PA, 50NL against one of the better regs in the player pool.

Villian is 18/12 over nearly 900 hands. I didn't think he would ever CR this board vs me as a bluff. Also, I can't see him betting the river like this with a worse hand than mine. I think I may just have been out flopped but I'll never know for sure!

PokerStars - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $78.96
Hero (CO): $47.75
BTN: $102.35
SB: $104.77
BB: $53.32

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has K:diamond: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $1.75, fold, fold, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75, 2 players) T:spade: J:spade: Q:heart:
BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $6.00, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($15.75, 2 players) T:club:
BB bets $7.85, Hero calls $7.85

River: ($31.45, 2 players) 3:diamond:
BB bets $29.88, fold

BB wins $29.88

Comments

• AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    I like the fold but I would have checked flop in your shoes. He has so many 2pair combos, straights, pairs+OESDs which can easily checkraise you. Once you checked the flop you have an easy turn call and you can re-evaluate rivers
  • RyanH1995RyanH1995 Red Chipper Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited January 24
    I agree with @AceFromSpaceKK that checking flop is probably better. I would also just fold to the raise on the flop. You said yourself you don't think he is capable of check raising as a bluff and his stats look pretty passive as well. I think this opponent type takes this line with a boat almost all the time. If this opponent is too passive to xr a hand like :As:9s or a pair + straight draw what do you beat?
  • Peepers288Peepers288 Red Chipper Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Yea, that is true. I do check back the flop in situations like this with a high frequency. I guess I wasn't in that kind of mood that night!

To your point about, 'if the opponent is too passive to xr a pair/draw type of hand what to do you beat'. This guy is one of the few good winning regs in the player pool and it IS 50NL where people are capable of being a bit tricky.

Folding to the raise on the flop? Naaa. I'm getting like 3.5/1 to call I think and I have all the straight outs plus maybe a King is good for me too.

thanks guys

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file