c/raising btn 3bet

Joe DoreJoe Dore Red Chipper Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited February 6 in Online Poker Hands
Hey, I'm new to posting on this forum and wanted to start regularly posting my session review HHs. I had this hand happen last night and wanted to get a second look at it. IDK if some people would call it average or me a donk but I'll post it anyways.

1st mistake I made is btn is unknown. I should really be assuming weak passive but as a standard I would defend QTs in co to a btn 3bet. (maybe that's 2nd mistake)

My c/r range here would be FD, sets, straights against very agressive cbettors who can find their fold button overcards w Ac in them. I'd be c/calling my pairs+Ax FD since they have SD value.

3rd mistake is the sizing. I misclicked and didn't bet my full stack. reason I'd overbet is because what does 30bb leave me after in a 140bb pot on the turn.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 106.2 BB
BB: 84.2 BB
UTG: 108 BB
UTG+1: 314.8 BB
MP: 99 BB
MP+1: 54.8 BB
Hero (MP+2): 100 BB
CO: 67.6 BB
BTN: 249.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q:club: T:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls 1 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, BTN raises to 7 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 3 BB

Flop: (16.4 BB, 2 players) 8:club: 5:diamond: 9:club:
Hero checks, BTN bets 15.8 BB, Hero raises to 63.2 BB, BTN ?

Please let me know what you think of the hand.
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,927 -
    Your check-raise appears to leave you about 30bb back? Seems odd. Maybe check-raise smaller to jam turn or just check-jam?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Joe DoreJoe Dore Red Chipper Posts: 24 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Your check-raise appears to leave you about 30bb back? Seems odd. Maybe check-raise smaller to jam turn or just check-jam?

like I mentioned, the sizing was an error I accidentally clicked "pot" instead of max.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,927 -
    Joe Dore wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »

like I mentioned, the sizing was an error I accidentally clicked "pot" instead of max.

Right, sorry, overlooked that bit.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • EurocratEurocrat Red Chipper Posts: 48 ✭✭
    I think you can be a bit more bold in your assumptions of villain, or at least I would be. Really I don't see any good reason for which a min 3bet would be sensible, so I would continue the hand assuming he's a fish. Against the min 3bet, obviously the call is the best and probably only option for us.

Now on the flop, I would assume that this big bet is usually for value. It might be too specific as an assumption, but oftentimes I see overpairs here in these spots that bet this large because they are afraid of what coming on the turn. I don't expect him to fold these, so essentially you would be flipping if you get stacks in on the flop.

With such a combo draw, you are close to getting the direct pot odds to see just one more card, so I think there is a point for the passive line of just calling here looking to hit it on the turn and get stacks in then.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file