A4s button hand for your consideration

Bill SBill S Red Chipper Posts: 43 ✭✭
This isn't a tremendous hand, but an interesting one with several different lines available at each spot and i'd like to find out how others see it. I am going to stop at each inflection point so this is sort of a PAHWM format.

Online game that plays deep. $.10/$.20 Buy in minimum is $40. Game just started
Only 4 handed at the moment.

V1 has a VPIP of around 45% and likes action. Seems like a smart player, but on the agg side of things. has $40

V2 is very good. covers

Hero is new to the game and has a nittish VPIP of 15% and it seems clear that both V's are aware of this. Has $54.


SB posts $.10
V2 posts $.20

V1 opens UTG for $.60
Hero on B with :Ah:4h

hero?





Comments

  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,927 -
    With the BB being "very good" I prefer a 3-bet over a call.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • RyanH1995RyanH1995 Red Chipper Posts: 66 ✭✭
    @TheGameKat makes a good point about having a strong opponent still left to act. While flatting is not bad it would suck to get squeezed by the BB with your exact hand. 3betting allows you to win the pot right away and considering your VPIP and nitty image you may get a lot of credit pre flop. If V1 is playing 45% of hands you will be ahead of a lot of his 3bet defending range and you get to play a pot in position.
  • Bill SBill S Red Chipper Posts: 43 ✭✭
    RyanH1995 wrote: »
    @TheGameKat makes a good point about having a strong opponent still left to act. While flatting is not bad it would suck to get squeezed by the BB with your exact hand. 3betting allows you to win the pot right away and considering your VPIP and nitty image you may get a lot of credit pre flop. If V1 is playing 45% of hands you will be ahead of a lot of his 3bet defending range and you get to play a pot in position.

    Agree with both commentors' points and probably a better line.
    At the time I recognized my coldcall my induce a 3-bet by V2, but his 3bet range would be lighter than normal and V1 would almost certainly call the 3bet giving me last action and the button, I flatted.
    SB folded
    V2 called.

    3 ways to the flop
    Pot 1.90
    Flop :7h:Th:3d

    V2 (BB) checks
    V1 UTG cbets $1

    Hero?
  • SullySully Red Chipper Posts: 779 ✭✭✭
    Being 4 handed and deep, I would begin to put pressure on UTG with a raise

    Though UTG probably opened fairly wide as position could be considered CO, I feel this board stills favors IP caller and should be attacked with many hands in Hero's range
  • Bill SBill S Red Chipper Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Sully wrote: »
    Being 4 handed and deep, I would begin to put pressure on UTG with a raise

    Though UTG probably opened fairly wide as position could be considered CO, I feel this board stills favors IP caller and should be attacked with many hands in Hero's range

    yup. agreed, but it seems one of my issues is lack of agression. I could have exercised some raises both PF and now, yet once again i make the flat.

    Hero calls $1
    V2 folds in BB.
    V1 calls.

    Pot $3.90

    turn :Td

    Recap
    Board :7h:Th:3d:Td

    V Bets $2.20
    Hero?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,927 -
    At some point in this hand I think you have to raise just to amaze everybody ;)
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Bill SBill S Red Chipper Posts: 43 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    At some point in this hand I think you have to raise just to amaze everybody ;)

    well, your in luck. I figure the :Td is about as good as a heart is for me so I raise to $6.60. I figure he cant call with much at that point unless he wants to hero call a worse PP.

    V folds.
    Before posting this hand i took a solid look at it and decided a raise would have been better PF and on the flop, but wanted to see what others thought. Thanks for the insights.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file