Live 2/5 Line check

Joe DoreJoe Dore Red Chipper Posts: 24 ✭✭
recent hand played live 2/5. 600$ eff stacks. I'm wondering which would be the optimal line.

read on villain is fairly loose and has played what feels like 1/3 of all his hands in the hr he's been to the table. bought in for 2 stacks of green and seemed to know everyone at the table and likely a regular to the game.

H in ep2 w JcJs

H raises to 20, co calls, V in sb calls.

pot 60$, 3 handed, flop 2d2h5h. V bets 15$, lots of worse hands will call a raise here, lots of V's will show aggression and try to take a low flop away from missed overs so I opt for a raise. I make it 55$ total, co folds, sb asks what my stack is and calls the 55.

HU pot 170$, turn 6c. V checks, hero bets 100$, V calls. I opted for a 2nd barrell to get value from 77-TT 56s.

pot 370$, r Ks Vbets 200$ hero?

OR

HU pot 170$ turn 6c V checks, hero checks. I decided to do a bit of pot control and keep the missed overs in my range. checking back my 1 pair made hands and my 1pair draws in a smaller pot and set what few sets I have up for a nice value bet/raise on the river. I can check back all my pp on the river since they'd have good SD value and bet my non SD hands and sets.

pot 170$, river Ks, villain bets 100$, hero?
Tagged:

Comments

• jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying option 1 was how it played out, and option 2 was how you thought it would play out if you had checked? Kind of hard to say, but if you're saying ahead of time which could you have if you could choose, obviously option 1 is not a fun spot to be in. Option 2 is more appropriate for the size of your hand, less variance, and is more likely to be catching a bluff. But it's not really clear to me what you're asking.
  • Joe DoreJoe Dore Red Chipper Posts: 24 ✭✭
    jeffnc wrote: »
    Are you saying option 1 was how it played out, and option 2 was how you thought it would play out if you had checked? Kind of hard to say, but if you're saying ahead of time which could you have if you could choose, obviously option 1 is not a fun spot to be in. Option 2 is more appropriate for the size of your hand, less variance, and is more likely to be catching a bluff. But it's not really clear to me what you're asking.

I was trying to be vague on which line was actually taken to just have a debate about which line would be better.

My direct question is which would be the most optimal line. bet/bet/check or fold (f/t/r) or bet/check/bet or call.

As I'm finding leaks in my game I seem to come across these difficult river bluff catch situations often and I'm starting to think that my flop/turn line is what's getting me into these tough spots.

I can't really see villian having 25%+ bluffs in his range here on the river but if we were to check back turns like we would likely with all our missed overs and maybe even 55/66 then villain could easily be bluffing enough to warrant a call Plus we now have monsters in our range so we actually have an option of a bluff raise.
  • wescrowescro Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Yeah, I agree that it's pretty clear Option 2 is a more desirable spot, especially given the K on the river. However, I think the spot most likely to be a mistake in this hand is actually the flop raise. Maybe I'm being too nitty, but unless V has an established read as either a very very good reg, or a complete maniac, I'm proceeding with caution after the donk bet on the flop. Your read makes it sound like V is a loose regular who isn't great but isn't a total fish either. Those types of players rarely will donk lead as a bluff or semi-bluff. A good flush draw might X/R in that spot, but a donk lead on that flop with that player type screams strength to me. He's got a lot of 2s in that spot, and 55 sometimes as well. I think I would call flop bet and proceed with caution and try to manage to see a showdown as cheaply as possible.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file