Double barrel semi-bluff?

Artvandelay74Artvandelay74 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
2/3 spread $300 max bet. Villain is not someone I’ve played with before but has been playing super tight. V has about $440 and I cover.

Hero is on the button with :9c:Tc. Two limps to me and I raise to $20. V in the BB calls as do the two limpers.

Flop: :Jd:Qh:Ah $80
V donks for $20. Two folds and I raise to $80. My raise was based on a few thoughts 1) the small donk lead is often a weakish made hand trying to see where they are at that will fold either immediately or on the turn to increased pressure 2) except for K 10 I have a lot of nuttish hands in my range particularly sets and I block the actual nuts 3) I am likely to face a re-raise if V does in fact hold the nuts with K 10 and 4) I have no show down value with my holding. V thinks for about 30 seconds and calls.

Turn: :4s $240
V checks. Hero?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    This seems extremely ambitious. It's true that small donks HU are typically weak hands, but this character is firing into 3 opponents. Add to that the fact that this board hits everyone's range hard and I think this is one to give up. You'll have much better holdings with which to take creative lines; notably hearts and pair+draw stuff.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • DogUmbrellaDogUmbrella Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    On the flop, I think I'd just take the 4 to 1 odds villain is generously offering and see what they do on the turn, especially since the other two callers have folded. As played, villain's limp/call preflop and small bet/think/call feels like a weak Ace so I'd probably just max bet $300 the turn...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file