Someone reading your soul

MnpokerMnpoker Red Chipper Posts: 137 ✭✭
Played a 110 person daily yesterday and had the oddest experience. We are 10 handed (I know ick) and I am playing my A game against 8 of the players but I am so off on player 9 that it ends up ending my tourney. Player 9 was directly across from me 50-50 to act before or after me. First issue, players 1-8 are tight agro and player 9 is tight week so adjusting to player 9 when they are half a table away is tough. Player 9's play means nothing will raise KQ but limp AA and raise 99 but limp QJ. While it would be an easy adjustment closer to me not sure what to do to adjust but not put myself in bad spots against the balance of the table. Worst thing is 9 is getting owned by the players close to them while killing me. What is the best way to adjust to a player half a table away who is playing opposite of the balance of the table. Further from the way that 9 is playing and acting at the table they either have no clue what they are doing or is a great actor. Did not understand color up, chip race, and such.

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,535 -
    Were you getting outplayed or outdrawn?
    Moderation In Moderation
    Bonus Q: How on earth do you find a daily tournament table where 8/9 of villains are TAG?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • MnpokerMnpoker Red Chipper Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Outdrawn 80% and not out played but highly confused 20%. Their play made no sense to me and was just random, not random on purpose but random from lack of ability. No play meant anything and wasn’t thought out. I have played with random players before and it took a bit but you could figure out a method to their madness, this was just pure madness. Side not had never seen #9 before nor had anyone else I know and #9 did not cash, got knocked out shortly after me
    edited March 1
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Bonus Q: How on earth do you find a daily tournament table where 8/9 of villains are TAG?

Luck of the draw, 7 of us regularly play $300-$1100 tournaments, the 8th is a cash pro who plays dailies on Fridays and Sunday’s. One of the 7 has almost 3 M lifetime earnings but likes the group that plays Friday’s and will play about once a month. I play Friday’s about once every 3 weeks. The core group of 30 players are really good people and fun to play with. It was odd to have such a large group of us at one table

Mnpoker wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »

Luck of the draw, 7 of us regularly play $300-$1100 tournaments, the 8th is a cash pro who plays dailies on Fridays and Sunday’s. One of the 7 has almost 3 M lifetime earnings but likes the group that plays Friday’s and will play about once a month. I play Friday’s about once every 3 weeks. The core group of 30 players are really good people and fun to play with. It was odd to have such a large group of us at one table

If this is Canterbury or Running Aces, the good news for you is that your best tournament player moved to Vegas.

As to the player operating by thoughts triggered by random cosmic rays, I guess if he's really new enough to the game it may be he is simply guessing. As you point out, with weak players it's usually possible to figure out why they think a play is a good idea, even if in reality it's a pile of bat guano.

Sounds like the cat's random actions led to him getting lucky on you.
    Moderation In Moderation
    We have 6 really strong tournament players here, which one moved? I am guessing Kou Vang as he was not at the last MSPT Blake, Matt, Rich, Aaron, and Brad where all there?
    We have 6 really strong tournament players here, which one moved? I am guessing Kou Vang as he was not at the last MSPT Blake, Matt, Rich, Aaron, and Brad where all there?

I was thinking of our own Chris "Fox" Wallace. No disrespect intended towards the other stars nor yourself.
    Moderation In Moderation
    I thought Chis moved years ago, I haven’t seen him in town in years. Super nice guy wish he was in town more
    I thought Chis moved years ago, I haven’t seen him in town in years. Super nice guy wish he was in town more

Known him for 15 years. One of the good guys in the game.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file