2020 Red Chip Meet-Up (Las Vegas)

TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 5,326 -
edited August 2020 in Come Say Hello
Hey Everyone:

I wanted to give a sort of non-update update on the annual meet-up. We have reserved space for 2pm, June 25th at Crown & Anchor NORTH in Las Vegas. However, we obviously have no idea at this point whether the 51st WSOP is going ahead, or whether any gathering on that date will be advisable. Consequently we have not set up our usual registration procedure.

If you're an optimist, please stick that date in your diary and we'll see you then. Otherwise, here's a little tune to lighten your day.

Moderation In Moderation
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Las VegasPosts: 5,326 -
    Hey everyone:

Quick update on the summer meet-up. The tl;dr version is that at this time we are NOT planning on having one due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

For the curious, here's a bit more.

The majority of our founders and coaches are not based in Las Vegas and therefore have to make plans some time in advance to be here for our annual meet-up. Since no decision on the WSOP running this summer will be made until May, this puts everyone in something of a bind.

Informally, the consensus in Vegas is that jamming thousands of poker players together in a confined space, even on the (hopefully) declining part of an infection curve, would be a pretty silly thing to do.

We are obviously all hoping that this wretched situation clears up as rapidly as possible on general grounds. If that does occur, I'd encourage all of you coming out to Las Vegas to use this forum as a means to arrange meetings with other Red Chippers if you so desire.

Good luck, stay safe, and let us know if we can relieve the boredom of the current isolation.

For the Red Chip team ~ Kat
    Moderation In Moderation
  • JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 613 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    NBA, MLB, US Soccer, NCAA March Madness, Disney Theme Parks, Universal Theme Parks, High School/College Graduation Ceremony's all over the country, and the Olympics

whatever

The Red Chip Annual Las Vegas Meetup?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, this thing has now gone too far

• Paul_KPaul_K DFWRed Chipper Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    This is sad :-(

Combined with the one day per year Joe can persuade people to talk to him? The absolute pits...
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    This was not a fun decision to make, but I guess it means we have to make the 2021 meetup bigger =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file