Red Chip Home Game: April 9th 9pm Eastern

Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,838 -
Please RSVP on this thread so I have an idea how many are coming.

We play on PokerStars.Net home games for play money. I host the game and we stop every 20 minutes or so do discuss the hands with each other.

If you can, please have a microphone so you can join the discussion in audio, it makes things go smoother.

Link to join the club and webinar will appear her day of the event.
Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
Author Poker Plays You Can Use
Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks

Comments

• BigDaddyBigDaddy Red Chipper Posts: 51 ✭✭
  • Eon137Eon137 Red Chipper Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
  • Eon137Eon137 Red Chipper Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    Love the idea of these on-line private games. The PS Home games can be fun and good practice with the right players. Most of the games and tourneys on PS.net are nowhere near realistic due to the lack of financial risk. I've found the home games groups that are focused on serious players to be worthwhile.

Any chance of setting up a regular RCP tournament league on PS.net? Please comment below if there is interest in this. RCP League bragging rights. Maybe we could get some Swag prizes for the league leaders?
  • RussRuss Red Chipper Posts: 129 ✭✭
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,171 -
    Eon137 wrote: »
    Love the idea of these on-line private games. The PS Home games can be fun and good practice with the right players. Most of the games and tourneys on PS.net are nowhere near realistic due to the lack of financial risk. I've found the home games groups that are focused on serious players to be worthwhile.

Any chance of setting up a regular RCP tournament league on PS.net? Please comment below if there is interest in this. RCP League bragging rights. Maybe we could get some Swag prizes for the league leaders?

@Doug Hull

I think regular tournaments, leagues, SNG leaderboards are all a great idea, both for poker education and community building during this difficult time. It's also the case that the RCP team is currently stretched a little thin, trying to balance new life realities with a desire to provide targeted content for this shifting situation.

I think something that might work, particularly if Doug is limited for time, is to have a couple of members pick up the ball on this one. Anyone want to volunteer? We'll get you admin permissions for the Stars.net home games.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 77 ✭✭
    I'm in for the April 9th game.
  • JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 419 ✭✭✭
    edited March 21
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    I think something that might work, particularly if Doug is limited for time, is to have a couple of members pick up the ball on this one. Anyone want to volunteer? We'll get you admin permissions for the Stars.net home games.

I am just seeing this. I would be honored to step up and give something back to the Red Chip forum community. Let me know if you still need volunteers for this.

I might even be willing to set up a few practice games sooner to get a player community going, now that a lot of us are effectively on home arrest.

Either way, I RSVP for the game April 9th
  • BigDaddyBigDaddy Red Chipper Posts: 51 ✭✭
    I'm in for anything. Please.....
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,838 -
    Here is the invite:

You are invited to join my private poker club for Home Games online.

- If you don't already have it, download the free PokerStars software from www.pokerstars.com<br>
    - - Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
    - - Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
    - - Enter my Club ID number: 3250848
    - - Enter my Invitation Code: allOverBaby

That's it! Once I've approved your membership request, we'll be ready to start playing Home Games online together.

If you want to find out more, visit [url="pokerstars://resolve/0/home-games-intro""]here[/url].

I know a few of you wish to help manage it. As you join, I will promote you.
    Actually, with much of the world self-isolating, How do people feel about making a more frequent game schedule for a while?
  • elvidaelvida Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    I'm in. I think this is a great idea and would love for them to be frequent...
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,171 -
    This is definitely something we're keen to see flourish. Thanks to those of you who have offered to help. Once Doug has a couple of subscriber helpers in place, I see no reason why we cannot have regular cash game sessions and tournaments.
    Moderation In Moderation
    edited March 22
    This event has been superseded by the ten game series we are doing:

https://forum.redchippoker.com/discussion/13287/corona-free-online-poker-series-every-three-days-9pm-est-mar-24th-on#latest

Locking this thread and moving discussion there.
This discussion has been closed.