My greatest leaks are with Broadway hands

KJoKJo VermontRed Chipper Posts: 41 ✭✭
edited March 21 in Online Poker Hands
After watching Splitsuit's Leak Finder video I am finding that I have major leaks with my Broadway hands. I need some help in figuring out how to play these hands. One of my solutions was to 3Bet them more from the blinds. However in this hand I decided to call because I did not have much data on the player that raised preflop. And once again I found myself in an awkward situation and not able to lay the hand down. Any advice in this area would help my game tremendously. Thanks in advance.
Yatahay Network - $2 NL - Holdem - 9 players

Hero (BB): 155.72 BB
UTG: 50.46 BB
UTG+1: 34.5 BB
MP: 27.65 BB
MP+1: 73.48 BB
MP+2: 49 BB
CO: 192.53 BB
BTN: 238.63 BB
SB: 137.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has :AD::JD:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 calls 1 BB, MP+2 raises to 3.63 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 2.63 BB, MP+1 calls 2.63 BB

Flop: (11.38 BB, 3 players) :KD::AC::6S:
Hero checks, MP+1 checks, MP+2 bets 8.03 BB, Hero calls 8.03 BB, fold

Turn: (27.44 BB, 2 players) :3C:
Hero checks, MP+2 bets 19.58 BB, Hero calls 19.58 BB

River: (66.59 BB, 2 players) :QS:
Hero checks, MP+2 bets 17.77 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 17.77 BB

Hero shows :AD::JD: (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 31%, Flop 24%, Turn 14%)
MP+2 shows :AH::QC: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens)
(Pre 69%, Flop 76%, Turn 86%)
MP+2 wins 100.63 BB
Tagged:

Comments

• March422March422 Red Chipper Posts: 32 ✭✭
    This i think is pretty standard. I wouldnt want to 3b this hand and have to fold to a shove, and I definitely dont want to fold so I think calling at this stack depth is best. If v had 100bb I would like to 3b for value since I would also be 3b as a bluff here. One drawback to calling here is we give the limper a great price and go post flop with the worst relative position. That is less important though with lower spr and a hand like AJ which wants to make 1 pr. If you have SC type hand this could get awkward post flop and we dont get to realize our equity as much bc sometimes we could see a c/r from the limper.

As played you have a good bluff catcher i basically am going all the way vs one opponent on this flop. I would just jam it in on the turn to make up for the times V checks back weaker Ax or bricks the river when he would have called on the turn with equity.
  • KJoKJo VermontRed Chipper Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited March 21
    I just lost another one. Ugh... I am trying to make adjustments on how I play these hands but just not getting anywhere with them. Villain has 42% opening range from MP and he calls 50% of the 3Bets from MP. Ugh...
    Yatahay Network - $2 NL - Holdem - 8 players
    Hero (SB): 127.83 BB
    BB: 73.3 BB
    UTG: 90.7 BB
    UTG+1: 110.43 BB
    MP: 98.5 BB
    MP+1: 49 BB
    CO: 117.09 BB
    BTN: 100 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has :QS::AH:

fold, fold, MP raises to 2.25 BB, MP+1 calls 2.25 BB, CO calls 2.25 BB, fold, Hero raises to 12.5 BB, fold, fold, MP+1 calls 10.25 BB, fold

Flop: (30.5 BB, 2 players) :TS::KH::QH:
    Hero checks, MP+1 checks

Turn: (30.5 BB, 2 players) :9D:
    Hero checks, MP+1 bets 15.25 BB, fold

MP+1 wins 29 BB
  • March422March422 Red Chipper Posts: 32 ✭✭
    3b squeeze looks good, I would go bigger though. On the flop spr of 1.3 i would make a small bet and get it in If V jams. There probably is an argument for checking but we probably only get 1 bet from air type hands if board runs out dry. Also v at small stakes tend to be passive, especially given action of hand. If you start by checking you freerol his equity and are guessing. As played i guess a fold is ok since we can call any Ax turn and 9H. 9d,s,c are the worst possible turn cards I think for your specific hand.
  • BFSkinnerBFSkinner Red Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Hand 1: V really loves his hand as he is betting almost 3/4 pot on each street. If you don't believe he would do this with AT or QQ before the river, you can safely fold. At the river, AQ just got happy (despite that the Q really doesn't change anything). Essentially, you have a really pretty bluff catcher that looks stronger than it actually is. If I am playing well, I can find a fold on the turn, if I am not thinking, I can find a fold on the river.

Hand 2: Good squeeze. Crappy turn. Fold and move to the next hand.
  • EurocratEurocrat Red Chipper Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Hand 1: I think the important point here is that you have more data than you indicate. Somebody with a 50bb stack is certainly not a regular player, and much more likely a weak player. That is something to keep in the back of your mind. I like the reasoning by March422 that the stacks make it kind of awkward to 3bet with this hand, so I would also opt to call preflop. Postflop, realizing that villain is likely a weaker player is an important information when he bets 3/4 pot into 2 players. That is a lot of strength, although I think the call at this point is still fine. On the turn, villain is essentialy potcommitting himself, and the question becomes which combo that you beat is he doing that with?

Hand 2: I wouldn't mind to get it in on the flop with a GS, 2ndPTK and a BDFD at 1.3 SPR. I think open-shove or sm bet are fine.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file