AK... was this correct play here?

KJoKJo VermontRed Chipper Posts: 41 ✭✭
I need some help with my AK hands. Should I have called his shove here? His stats show that he RFI from EP is 18%.
Yatahay Network - $2 NL - Holdem - 8 players

Hero (BB): 104.22 BB
UTG: 54.46 BB
UTG+1: 100 BB
MP: 125.85 BB
MP+1: 49.12 BB
CO: 200.73 BB
BTN: 216.83 BB
SB: 100.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has :KS::AC:

UTG raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 16 BB, UTG raises to 54.46 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 38.46 BB

Flop: (109.41 BB, 2 players) :QC::7H::9H:

Turn: (109.41 BB, 2 players) :7S:

River: (109.41 BB, 2 players) :JC:

Hero shows K:spade: A:club: (One Pair, Sevens)
(Pre 30%, Flop 14%, Turn 7%)
UTG shows :KD::KC: (Two Pair, Kings and Sevens)
(Pre 70%, Flop 86%, Turn 93%)
UTG wins 107.91 BB
Tagged:

Comments

• March422March422 Red Chipper Posts: 32 ✭✭
    First you should hide results it could skew answers you get. Against some short stackers UTG raising I might flat AKo some percentage of the time, as an exploit. These players typically tend to have a limping range but given stats im on board with 3b here. I think given the fact v is short stacked and we are at the top of our range its an easy call.

BE 38/109= 35%
    VS QQ+ and AKs you have 33%
    I did this calculation using flopzilla and holdeq but im not sure its taking into account card removal. We block AA and KK so makes the density of that range more weighted to QQ which should boost our equity. Can someone confirm this?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,171 -
    That's correct. If you add in AKo for V your equity moves up to 39%. Also note that if someone is opening 18% and only continuing with AKs/QQ+ we should be 3-betting them liberally. They may have a raise-call range here, which increases their continuance obviously, but they would still be someone to attack.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • BFSkinnerBFSkinner Red Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
    I think this is a reasonable call at 50 BB as you are burning huge equity if you fold and are only crushed against KK, AA and you hold one of each.

If he shows JJ here and you ding an ace on the flop, I doubt you post the hand. Be careful to not be results-oriented.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file