AK open raise mid, multiway postflop

hellosummer22hellosummer22 Red Chipper Posts: 45 ✭✭
https://www.boomplayer.com/32481206_D014DED3ED
Is this the most profitable line of play? What do you think about the check on the river?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,171 -
    What's the thinking behind the flop check?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • hellosummer22hellosummer22 Red Chipper Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Mixed strategy, sometimes I will lead here and sometimes I will check. In this static flop with K high, with a lead, I will show a strong range and most likely fold most of the hands, my opponents hold. My hand is not vulnerable and I don't need to deny their equity here, so I check to let them make some mistakes post-flop. A top pair is rarely 3 street value anyway.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,171 -
    Mixed strategy, sometimes I will lead here and sometimes I will check. In this static flop with K high, with a lead, I will show a strong range and most likely fold most of the hands, my opponents hold. My hand is not vulnerable and I don't need to deny their equity here, so I check to let them make some mistakes post-flop. A top pair is rarely 3 street value anyway.

Okay. I find a lot of players have developed the habit of calling a flop bet fairly wide, because they have either learned they need to not play fit-or-fold, and/or because they expect the aggressor to c-bet and figure they have options to take the pot away later particularly IP. The problem for them is that they're typically not very good at taking the pot away later.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file