Final game APR 20th: "Corona-Free Home Game" every three days 9pm ET.

Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,874 -
edited April 18 in General Concepts
Doug will be hosting at least 10 poker home games on Pokerstars during the isolation.
  • We will add a zoom link here just before the event at the bottom of the thread.
  • If you have a microphone, please have it working.

We will play and discuss hands. This has gone well in the past.

Join here:

You are invited to join my private poker club for Home Games online.

- If you don't already have it, download the free PokerStars software from www.pokerstars.com<br>
- - Open the main poker lobby, then click on the Home Games tab
- - Click the 'Join a Poker Club' button
- - Enter my Club ID number: 3250848
- - Enter my Invitation Code: allOverBaby

That's it! Once I've approved your membership request, we'll be ready to start playing Home Games online together.

Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
Author Poker Plays You Can Use
Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks

Comments

• LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    Membership requested
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,874 -
    all members accepted currently.

I check every day or so, you will be approved before the event.
  • BigDaddyBigDaddy Red Chipper Posts: 73 ✭✭
    I'm in for Friday.

• elvidaelvida Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Fantastic learning opportunity, particularly for those of us shut in (I guess that is all of us??) I am going to try to make as many of these as I can, as they are a great opportunity to see your plays and mistakes in real time and get direct feedback from a great coach...
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 130 ✭✭
    I missed on the 24th. Is the next one the 27th?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,838 -
    ulysses27 wrote: »
    I missed on the 24th. Is the next one the 27th?

Looks like it. I anticipate @Doug Hull will post in this thread on game day.
    Moderation In Moderation
    Yes, the procedure is about 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start, I will post the meeting link here. If you have a microphone, that is ideal so you can discuss thoughts and trash talk.
  • sfx_beigssfx_beigs Red Chipper Posts: 82 ✭✭
    That really was great. It gave me at least one very clear, broad concept I need to work on. And it's nice change of pace playing cards with people who aren't raging a-holes. I'm definitely going to try and be at the next one.
  • elvidaelvida Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    I would whole heartedly agree with sfx_beigs in terms of the playing without raging a-holes. When I looked around the table last night I didn't see one. Of course, now I am reminded of that bit of poker lore that if you look around at the poker table and can't identify the sucker... :)
  • Eon137Eon137 Red Chipper Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    edited March 26
    This was a good game. Was like having a home game with Doug Hull at the table and regular pauses for discussing the more interesting hands. It being a "play chips" table didn't matter too much, as everyone was focused on making the right plays vs worrying about whether they ended the session up or down. Everyone showed respect for each other and for the game.
    The play chips aspect gets completely thrown out, as no one wants to gets embarrassed playing against studied players. I’m still pissed Ed bluffed me off a hand. Three days later, and I still miss that make-believe money...
    Though the play chips was a small factor in why I 3-bet with JTs. Not sure I do that with real money but since this was a forum for discussion, it ended up being very informative for me.
    Removing the financial limitations removes the fear of financial loss. The fear of embarrassment in front of RCP peers and Coach levels the field for all bankroll sizes.
    BigDaddy wrote: »
    The play chips aspect gets completely thrown out, as no one wants to gets embarrassed playing against studied players. I’m still pissed Ed bluffed me off a hand. Three days later, and I still miss that make-believe money...

...well, I DID have the flush draw...it wasn't that far out of line. :)
    well, I DID have the flush draw
    Don't get me started...see you tonight, brother.
  • JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 535 ✭✭✭
    I agree with all the comments. A very cut-throat game for play money chips in a friendly atmosphere, and on top of all that we take breaks to discuss hands with a top poker author.

The only thing I might add is should we create a separate thread for "Game Tonight", so potential players don't get thrown by the date in the subject line?
    JoeOffsuit wrote: »
    I agree with all the comments. A very cut-throat game for play money chips in a friendly atmosphere, and on top of all that we take breaks to discuss hands with a top poker author.

The only thing I might add is should we create a separate thread for "Game Tonight", so potential players don't get thrown by the date in the subject line?

"That's doable." ~ Nathan Explosion
    Moderation In Moderation
    Party starts, now:

https://zoom.us/j/656929639
  • John ValentineJohn Valentine Red Chipper Posts: 99 ✭✭
    Downloaded pomegranates. Problem is that when I go to the Lobby, I see no tab, or anything indicating a home game. Frustrating.
    That's pokerstars
    To me it will henceforth be pomegranates.
    Moderation In Moderation
    It is on the right hand side, conveniently hidden as the only thin in the "more ..." button
    Also... If you’re using the app, you can’t play in home games. You have to be on the desktop version.
    Game 2 was also a lot of fun.

So my thought was to actually keep this "announcement thread" with a generic title regarding the series of games, and then tomorrow morning put out a new and separate "game thread" with a title like:

Redchip Game Tonight (March 30) 9PM ET / 6PM PT

I know it makes a lot of threads, but on the other side:
    (1) When forum members the swing by the forum, they may glance past the announcement threads and not check for changes in the titles, and
    (2) After we have a few (expired) "Game Tonight" threads floating in the recent posts, forum members might become more likely to try to put in their schedule to catch a subsequent game.

With these games being free, fun, in a good group, and such solid feedback after specific hands, I am really surprised we only got 7 the 2nd night.
    @JoeOffsuit I think a bigger issue than sufficient prominence here is that many of our subscribers don't stop by the forum much. I'll talk to our marketing guru about promoting this via other channels.

@Doug Hull obviously this is your baby, so feel free to arrange the forum announcement as you prefer in light of Joe's feedback.
    Moderation In Moderation
    I just changed this thread title, it is an announcement so it is up top. Willing to try other things also.
    These live situations are incredible opportunities to play in a realistic setting and get immediate feedback. Breaks are taken and key hands discussed in real time. Potential leaks are identified. You learn from other RCP’ers at the table in a great environment. And free? Did I mention that? Pull up a chair folks.
    Would love to .pull up a chair., however I cannot find the home game on Pokerstars. I have a tablet, not a home computer. Is this making a difference?
    If you have an Android tablet, looks like Home Games should be under the "More" Menu:

https://www.onlinepoker-usa.com/play-pokerstars-home-games-android-tablet/

Are you Android, Windows, or IOS (iPad)?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file