A8o vs BB defend

hellosummer22hellosummer22 Red Chipper Posts: 45 ✭✭
https://www.boomplayer.com/32481173_FD3C5ACAE0
This was a weird line of play I choose there. I folded because I thought I was holding a good amount of portion of his bluffs that he will lead there. But I shouldn't fold the turn here, what do you think?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,171 -
    I would've folded pre. The blinds in particular have efficient reshove stacks. As played I think I bet flop. Then as played... big bet, but I'm not sure I can fold for one. The main hands you block that might take this line are pair+draw, some of which you're beating.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • EurocratEurocrat Red Chipper Posts: 64 ✭✭
    I would also fold preflop, but I'm not a tournament player, so...

On the flop I would like to bet. Even though the Ah is nice to have in a checking-back range, your pair of 8s profits from protection.
  • wescrowescro Red Chipper Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Agreed that it's a fold Pre-flop as well. Depending upon which starting hand rankings you use, A8o is somewhere between 32% - 39%, which is too wide of an open-range from HJ, in my opinion.

As played, I agree that a flop bet is needed, as you are allowing worse hands a free card to increase their equity (lots of straight draws, flush draws, and overcards that now get a chance to improve for free). Plus, any heart on the turn gives you at worst, a re-draw to the nuts, so you have plenty of turn cards that allow you to barrel (any H or an A) even if he calls the flop bet. The turn card appears to be a blank and given that you are really only behind a 9 (I'm assuming overpairs 3-bet PF), I think a fold against the turn bet is too nitty.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file