Heads Up Against Daniel Dvoress

BigFarmBigFarm MontrealRed Chipper Posts: 49 ✭✭
I am in the RIO Charity Tournament tomorrow (https://www.runitonce.eu/covid-19-charity-stream/) and I'm paired up against Daniel Dvoress.

The format is 30-minutes of 'cash' (no blind escalation), starting with 100bb each. If you lose your chips, you're out... otherwise whoever has the most chips after 30 minutes wins.

The only 'rule' is you can't start tanking when you're in the lead since it's being streamed.

Any tips?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,527 -
    I think your best strategy here is to go straight for the chatbox and enter: "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."
    Moderation In Moderation
  • U_TurnU_Turn Las VegasRed Chipper Posts: 51 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    I think your best strategy here is to go straight for the chatbox and enter: "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

Don’t forget to follow this up with a fart in his general direction.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. No tips at this point will give an EV edge, so you'll play your best gsme, while
    2. Realizing that as time wears on the player behind has an incentive to gamble.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how did it go?
  • BigFarmBigFarm MontrealRed Chipper Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited April 14
    It was a lot of fun actually. They changed the rules (for the better) so that at the end of 30 minutes, you are forced all in instead of just awarding it to whoever had more chips. So that reduced the incentive to get desperate and/or super tight.

I was up about 15bb but then decided to 4bet call it off with AQs and he had AK and then lost the rest in a flip.

We had a chat going on the side, me and him, and he assured me it was totally standard to get it in there... Just a cooler.

He also said he recorded the session and would do a video review of it.

You can still see the recording on the runitonce twitch account, but no hole cards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file