Check Raising

Mr_Big_StackMr_Big_Stack Over The RoadRed Chipper Posts: 33 ✭✭
I was listening to a podcast that stated you will flop 2PR/better about as often as you will flop straight/flush draws. I have been on an extended streak of not flopping 2PR or sets so maybe it's just recency bias that makes me doubt the accuracy of that statement. So my first question is do statistics show that statement to be true?

The statement was used to show a simple way to balance your check raising range with an adequate number of bluffs to value hands. Do you think this is a valid concept?

What factors do you consider when deciding to check raise a drawing hand? A value hand?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,527 -
    Depends sensitively on your hole cards, surely? 76s and K8o are just as likely to flop 2-pair, but the latter isn't too good at flopping straight and flush draws.

So I don't know what the stat really means, since the probability of flopping straight/flush draws will be a function of our cards.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14
    well sticking different ranges into Flopzilla... (just sliding the bar to the %)
    Draws are flush draws and OESD

Just sliding the bar to the % not adjusting at all...

% of range......2pair+.......draws

10 ,................... 7.8 ..............4

15 ..................... 7.2 ...............5

20 ...................... 6.5 ............... 6.5

25.......................... 6 .................. 6.5

30 .......................... 5.9................. 7.2

So i guess around 20 25% ranges its pretty close...
    I
    t would also depend on how many suited hands and sueted connetors you used in constructing your range..If a range had A9o (12 combos) replacing 23s 34s 45s (12 combos) a possible trade off...A9o hits a lot less flush and straight draws...
  • Mr_Big_StackMr_Big_Stack Over The RoadRed Chipper Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Okay so obviously that statement is grossly inaccurate. If I'm at a table with 8 droolers then having balance in my check raising is pointless. But when that's not the case, what kind of draws are good candidates to balance my value check raises?

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 16
    But when that's not the case, what kind of draws are good candidates to balance my value check raises?
    What is value ? How do you define the draw 8s6s on As7c5s ? (Before answering, look at the equity of 8s6s against AhKh on As7c5s)

Also why only draws?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file