Advice on Hand

GonzaloKobaGonzaloKoba Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited April 17 in General Concepts
Hi all,

I played this hand yesterday for 10NL 5-max in Winamax. i would like to know your feedback as i am not sure if this is a bad beat or not. please find it below as a youtube link

I raised to isolate the limpers as it is a decent hand on the SB. The flop is great with top pair and FD, so i decided to play aggresively as I am OOP. after 4-bet, I decide to shove as a call would pose an SPR of 1 on the turn, and many times I will not hit on the turn. i dont have stats on the opponent, but i believe his range can have sets, two-pair, pair and straight draw (65s, 87s) and even slowplayed QQ+ which I have seen before in these tables. thanks for the help all!!

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭
    as i am not sure if this is a bad beat or not.
    No it's not. You did it to yourself.
    The flop is great with top pair and FD, so i decided to play aggresively
    Said Hero who checked the flop... 😂
    Red wrote:
    Said Hero by checking the flop... 😂
    Yeah but I check-raised ! It's aggro to check-raise! 😣
    Yes it is. Yet to be aggro, there are times (aka hands) to c-bet and other to c-r. In general, you want to c-r a range made of the best made hands, the best draws and meh hands with nut and/or blocker ability. (Plus total air if you're laggy like me).

9s7s aka TP+meh FD is too strong to be a pure bluff ; but it's too weak to c-r for value (you've way better hands in your distribution). It's not a hand to c-r with.
    TP+meh FD with (so) many potential bad cards to come wants to bet both to build the pot and equity denial. It's not a hand to check (x/c or x/f).
    => It's hand to c-bet with.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file