Best USA legal site?

Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 563 ✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in General Concepts
I've googled and it looks like the best/most popular candidates for non NJ, NV and DE residents are

Bovada
Bet online
Americas card room
Carbon
Black chip

I want to be able to use a HUD and I prefer decent traffic. I will be using online to improve my game more so than make money. However it sounds like carbon is not paying out so I'd prefer not to play there. I'd like some honest feedback from red chippers playing on any of these sites or one that is good not mentioned.

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,010 -
    If you are in NJ, play on WSOP.

If you are elsewhere, I'd suggest Bovada because at least they payout. That being said, it's anon tables and you can only use a limited HUD using a program called Holdem Indicator (not sure if there are other options available). It's good practice for developing quick reads, building default lines, and getting reps in.
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭✭
    SplitSuit wrote:
    If you are in NJ, play on WSOP.

If you are elsewhere, I'd suggest Bovada because at least they payout. That being said, it's anon tables and you can only use a limited HUD using a program called Holdem Indicator (not sure if there are other options available). It's good practice for developing quick reads, building default lines, and getting reps in.

And if you are in NY ... well ... sucks for us. We have zero options.
    Twitter = @ChipXtractor
  • Wiki_LeaksWiki_Leaks Red Chipper Posts: 563 ✭✭✭
    I've heard the HI HUD only works while you're at the table with villain. So you'll likely only get a very small sample size useful enough for vpip/pfr.

Is bovada the only site that pays out? I know carbon is bad. I'm in PA so no wsop for me...
  • SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,010 -
    Wiki_Leaks wrote:
    I've heard the HI HUD only works while you're at the table with villain. So you'll likely only get a very small sample size useful enough for vpip/pfr.

Is bovada the only site that pays out? I know carbon is bad. I'm in PA so no wsop for me...

Well the whole site is anon, so yes, the HUD is only going to work for a very a limited time until a player stands up and leaves the game.

I can't speak to other online rooms...but I wouldn't put money you aren't willing to set on fire on Merge or Revolution rooms until they actually start paying out.
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,767 -
    Don't forget about SWCpoker. It is bitCoin and has a very high reputation for paying out with no BS.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • BotswanaNickBotswanaNick Red Chipper Posts: 696 ✭✭✭
    Has anyone played on America's Card Room? I've heard cautiously good reports about it but don't have any personal experience. I've found Bovada to be pretty juicy, can't use HUDs but I think the anonymous play and connection to the sports book attracts more than its share of fishes.
  • ennuiennui Red Chipper Posts: 23 ✭✭
    The operator of SWC plead guilty to a lot of charges in Las Vegas yesterday and forfeited everything that was seized. I don't think that sight is operational any more.
  • thekidtimthekidtim Red Chipper Posts: 24
    I play bovada. They payout quick. Like split said you can use holdem indicator which works well. Everyone is anon but most people stay at least 70 hands so you have a little to work with. Depositing is a bit of a pain. You have to use netspend pre paid international debit. You get charged on both ends but it's what has to be done to play poker. Good luck there is alot more action than americas cardroon.
  • Doug HullDoug Hull RCP Coach Posts: 1,767 -
    ennui wrote:
    The operator of SWC plead guilty to a lot of charges in Las Vegas yesterday and forfeited everything that was seized. I don't think that sight is operational any more.

I see 124 players on-line on SWCPoker right now. SealsWithClubs.com is dead, long live SWCpoker.com

Just because Micon is out of the game does not mean it is dead.
    Co-founder Red Chip Poker,
    Author Poker Plays You Can Use
    Author Poker Workbook for Math Geeks
  • ArtArtBobartArtArtBobart Red Chipper Posts: 356 ✭✭
    thekidtim wrote:
    I play bovada. They payout quick. Like split said you can use holdem indicator which works well. Everyone is anon but most people stay at least 70 hands so you have a little to work with. Depositing is a bit of a pain. You have to use netspend pre paid international debit. You get charged on both ends but it's what has to be done to play poker. Good luck there is alot more action than americas cardroon.

I know Bovada will take certain VISA cards (like the Amazon Visa). They also don't give a rat's patootie which state you are in. Not that I condone violating laws of your state; just saying...
  • thekidtimthekidtim Red Chipper Posts: 24
    Never knew about the amazon visa card. The first time I deposited was through western union. Very true they could care less where your from as long as you play. Fine by me. Come one come all!
  • sharpsandflatssharpsandflats Red Chipper Posts: 46
    The thing I hate about ACR is they have unlimited rebuys for up to 15 levels and late entry for 2 hours. People come in with 10 BBs late and just blast any 2 cards. But they do have player 2 player transfer so that has been convenient.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file