Pot ~ $4.17
Turn: :Kc:3d:Jc:2d
Everyone checks

River: :Kc:3d:Jc:2d:Tc
BB: Bets $1.94
UTG Folds
Button (ME): Calls
BB shows :Ac:Qs winner with a straight

I calculated my EV and it was a + 3.47 and wanted to know your thoughts here, was I just sucked out on or were there things I could've done differently. Looking back I think I should have bet bigger on the flop and continued leading on the turn.
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,404 -
    edited April 28
    At what point was your EV +3.47 and how did you calculate it?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • DinnertimeDinnertime Red Chipper Posts: 28 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    At what point was your EV +3.47 and how did you calculate it?

I inputed incorrectly on flopzilla, with what I believe are the correct inputs please correct me if I am wrong I get a EV of +2.6

lvmm85padrp7.png
  • BFSkinnerBFSkinner Red Chipper Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Why didn't you bet the turn with your TP and 4-flush?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,404 -
    edited April 29
    Okay so the EV calculation is on the river (?) and you've concluded you're a 58% favorite. So if true you're clearly always calling.

The questions here I think are:

1) should I flat a 5x UTG open at 40bb effective?
    2) as BF asks, why check the turn? There may be a good reason, but all your opponents know is that you stabbed at the pot when UTG declined to c-bet the flop; i.e., you don't need to have much here, so you can extract value from weaker hands on the turn, I think
    Moderation In Moderation
  • cxy123cxy123 Red Chipper Posts: 64 ✭✭
    I think you need to bet the turn. If your K is good on the flop it is still here. Plus you pick up flush equity if you were behind. And if UTG shoves on your bet you probably have equity to call now. SB could have a ton of hands, including a bunch of club draws, and Jx hands that probably give up. SB is in middle of short UTG preflop opener that can overjam easily and out of position, keep the pressure up especially with your equity.

I don't know if I call this preflop. 40bb effective is kind of shallow with a marginal hand that gets dominated a lot.
  • DinnertimeDinnertime Red Chipper Posts: 28 ✭✭
    BFSkinner wrote: »
    Why didn't you bet the turn with your TP and 4-flush?

I totally agree that betting on the turn is the way to go, I don't know what I was thinking checking there!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file