DinnertimeDinnertime Red Chipper Posts: 29 ✭✭
Hero (UTG+1) ($6.30): Opens to $.40 with :6h:6D:
Villain (SB)($8.18): Calls

Pot ~ $1.00
Flop: :6s:AH::7H:
SB: Leads with a $.48 bet
Hero: Raised to $1.36
SB: Calls

I have $4.54 left and the pot is $3.70 my SPR is 1.22 I am fully committed with a strong hand.

Pot ~ $3.70
Turn: :6s:AH::7H::5H:
SB: Bets $1.77
Hero goes All in for $5.54

River: :6s:AH::7H::5H::KD:

SB: Turns over :TH::3H: for the winner.

I calculated my EV and it was +2.70. I had 70% equity vs a standard range in the position. What are your thoughts on how this hand went, was there anything that you would have played differently?
Tagged:

Comments

• BFSkinnerBFSkinner Red Chipper Posts: 68 ✭✭
    66 is too loose of an opening raising range for 63bb in the HJ.

Flop: Your 3x raise is too small. Raise a PSB to 2.44. If you did this, it would have made the rest of the hand easier to play.

Turn: Why raise? You make pairs of aces go away. If a heart hits the river then you will be glad to fold.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,407 -
    Your SPR is ~6. You calculate on the flop, not after the flop action.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • cxy123cxy123 Red Chipper Posts: 64 ✭✭
    The flop raise is very small. I don't mind trying to get in as much money as possible right now. V should not have AA so it is 77 and some 2p hands (3 A7s, 76cc, tough to have many 2p) and a ton of draws. You're doing pretty well right there. Once the 5h comes in and V leads I am calling not raising.
  • DinnertimeDinnertime Red Chipper Posts: 29 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »

Thanks for the correction, I'm still new to the math side
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,407 -
    Dinnertime wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »

Thanks for the correction, I'm still new to the math side

It's just a process and we all started somewhere. In this hand the difference is pretty important tho.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • PajoryanPajoryan Red Chipper Posts: 55 ✭✭
    BFSkinner wrote: »
    Flop: Your 3x raise is too small. Raise a PSB to 2.44. If you did this, it would have made the rest of the hand easier to play.

Why would raising a PSB make the rest of the hand easier to play?
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 92 ✭✭
    I agree that opening with 66 at these stack depths and from that position isn't ideal. Your pretty much in a set mining situation. I would double check your equity based on what hands call a raise and then bet the turn. This action polarized their range. I think calling the turn is fine and then reevaluate on the river. I tend to think that most players at 10nl aren't bluffing that much on the river and so a large bet means they have something very strong and I would be tempted to fold but might call based on player read.
  • BFSkinnerBFSkinner Red Chipper Posts: 68 ✭✭
    Pajoryan wrote: »
    BFSkinner wrote: »

Why would raising a PSB make the rest of the hand easier to play?

As the pot gets bigger in comparison to the relative stacks, it becomes easier to call with your hand, even when threatened with the flush.

In the examples below, you have a set of 6's and the turn brings in the third flush card.

Example 1: Pot is $10 and you have $2 left behind. Your opponent goes all in. You always make the trivial call.

Example 2: Pot is $10 and you have $25 behind. Your opponent goes all-in for $25. Your set might still be good, but you will lose a lot if you are behind. The decision becomes far more difficult.

• PsullivanPsullivan Red Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
    I would just say a bigger raise on the flop, I tend to notice at the micro stakes players will call ALMOST any min raise. I usually try to make it 2.5-3x the opponents initial bet. Jamming the turn, I am not sure about that. I recommend just calling on the turn.. you save yourself some chips and see if the board pairs. If another heart came on the river then you know to let it go or if your opponent jams the river into you I think you could find a fold.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file