Incredible people cant fold!

GumooGumoo Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
Could you tell me if I did something wrong. or How could I play this hand better?

https://www.boomplayer.com/33115455_D8B8493E8D

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,407 -
    edited May 2
    Calling the river is a clear mistake, the turn bet is ambitious, and I'm not keen on the flop donk. I guess flop and turn may make sense if you have deepish stats on this villain. Yes, the line taken by your opponent is astounding, but you didn't need to lose this much.

Is the currency $US?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • GumooGumoo Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    yes the currency is $US. I know I would not needed to pay off the last call at least i can not him crazy now so I know to watch out on him next time
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 92 ✭✭
    The problem is the donk bet makes you look a bit week. Plus what hands are you targeting? Jx, Ax less them A9? You could check raise the flop and if called check/fold but I'm not really crazy with that move without more outs. Personally I would check call the flop, if he doesn't bet the flop then I'm leading the turn. If V calls then I'd be cautious on the river. The flush comes in and so a small bet would be OK with a fold to a check raise because to check raise on the river after you've shown strength indicates a very strong hand or a pretty gutsy bluff. V does play this hand poorly but some people just hate folding pocket pairs. But it's good to know they're that sticky.
  • BFSkinnerBFSkinner Red Chipper Posts: 68 ✭✭
    You donk a 2 broadway, ace high board for 50% PSB, and get called.

The turn brought the 3rd broadway card and your opponent called your 66% PSB.

The river brought the backdoor flush and you bet 50% PSB.

Your opponent decided to 4x your river bet.

What hands are bluffing this river that you beat?

(Before you say bluffing with clubs, ask yourself if you have ever seen anyone do this on a BD Flush).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file