AK play 100NL

GumooGumoo Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
Is my decision on the turn was right or would you play it differently?

https://www.boomplayer.com/33168779_3D72D993AF

Thanks for the comments

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,535 -
    Gumoo wrote: »
    Is my decision on the turn was right or would you play it differently?

https://www.boomplayer.com/33168779_3D72D993AF

Thanks for the comments

Any read on your opponent?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • wescrowescro Red Chipper Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I agree with your turn fold. It's a bad turn card as it completes straight draws and brings in a lot of 2 pair hands given V's likely range. It's also a weird spot for a X/R and only a smart aggressive player is even going to try to have a bluffing range with that line. Minus any other specific reads on V, I wouldn't peg him as a player capable of bluffing in this spot. Limping then calling a 4x raise from the SB is a bad play and doesn't mesh with someone who's going to get aggro in this spot without a hand. (granted I'm reading a lot into a single action, but nothing else much to go on.)

As played, I don't see anything from this hand that I would change.
  • BFSkinnerBFSkinner Red Chipper Posts: 86 ✭✭
    I think you have a fancy looking bluff catcher on the turn. Lots of 2 pair draws are possible as well as QT for the straight.

When you bet, you are polarizing your range and really only hoping KQ or KT call you. Those both have strong draw equity against your hand.

If you bet the flop and check back turn, you can capitalize on their bluffs with a stronger check back range. Since this hand is not a 3 streets of value hand, once the straight possibility hits checking is far better.
  • GumooGumoo Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    @TheGameKat I only played like 6-7 hands against that opponent.

@wescro and @BFSkinner thank you the answers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file