$.10/.20 NLHE Zoom 6-Max: Can I Ever Fold Here?

TonyGTonyG Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
Villian (HJ) ($18.40): Opens to $0.40

Hero (CO) ($20.00): :As:Ac Raises to $1.20

Villian Re-raises to $4.80. Hero calls.

Pot: $9.41
Flop: :Kd:2s:8d
Villian ($13.60) leads for $4.95. Hero ($15.20) calls.

Pot: $18.81
Turn: :Qc
Villian ($8.65) jams for $8.65. Hero ($10.25) calls.
Villian shows :Ks:Kc

River is a blank.

Would you have played it different? Should I be able to find a fold on the Turn?

My post-hand review: His pre-flop 4-bet range likely consists of JJ+ and AK. JJ doesn't bet flop and turn, and QQ likely doesn't lead flop. So that leaves 3 combos of KK that beat me, 1 combo of AA that we chop, and 6 combos of AK that I beat. So I should win ~66% of the time and I only need ~25% equity to call on the turn. So feels like I made a good call.
[Note: Maybe 2 combos of KQ suited are in his 4-bet range, but that still leaves me with >50% equity]

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,407 -
    Not much to do here, I don't think. If people never 4-bet/fold in this game, get it in pre and lose a different way.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • TonyGTonyG Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Not much to do here, I don't think. If people never 4-bet/fold in this game, get it in pre and lose a different way.

Thanks GameKat. My thought was that if I jam pre, an aware player may fold out the bottom end of his 4-bet range (JJ, QQ, KQs if it's part of it). Think that is ever a factor at these stakes?
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 259 ✭✭
    Id imagine most players arent folding to a shove here given stack sizes and previous action.
    Thanks blindraise. That makes sense.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,407 -
    TonyGuac wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »

Thanks GameKat. My thought was that if I jam pre, an aware player may fold out the bottom end of his 4-bet range (JJ, QQ, KQs if it's part of it). Think that is ever a factor at these stakes?

I'm guessing if they 4-bet they're committed pre, but likely doesn't make a lot of difference in that your line takes you to the flop with at worst an overpair with SPR < 2.
    Moderation In Moderation
    Thanks GameKat. That makes sense. Appreciate the perspective.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file