10nl SNAP 888 Can we fold the river?

Anarchist992Anarchist992 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited May 16 in Online Poker Hands
This is my first post so any tips on future posts are appreiciated.

Hand played on 10nl 888 SNAP poker, you don't get to use a hud but PT4 still captures the history. You can view stats after but i won't include them as i didn't have them in the hand at the time.

Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $10.29
SB: $7.71
BB: $12.22
UTG: $16.01
MP: $0.86
Hero (CO): $14.76

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has :As:Kh

Standard open, villian on the button i have marked as a fish, SB is short stacked so likely fishy.

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.24, BTN calls $0.24, SB calls $0.19, fold

I think a standard value bet here, hoping to get called by lots of worse Kx, flush draws, pocket pairs.

Flop: ($0.82, 3 players) :5S::5c:Ac
SB checks, Hero bets $0.54, BTN calls $0.54, fold

Again, another i think standard 2/3 pot bet to get value from any Kx, Ax, Stubborn pocket pairs, flush draws

Turn: ($1.90, 2 players) :5S::5c:Ac:Kd
Hero bets $1.27, BTN calls $1.27

I bet near pot size hoping to get calls from KQ, AQ, Kx, Ax. Villian raises 2x which i did not expect but i figure a fish with KQ, AQ and AK would do this and so i call getting 4/1 pot odds which i think is more than enough. Although looking back on it JT, A5, K5, Q5 would all do this too.

River: ($4.44, 2 players) :5S::5c:Ac:Kd:Qh
Hero bets $4.00, BTN raises to $8.00, Hero calls $4.00

Will post result shortly, couldn't get the hide result thing to work.

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 4,070 -
    I think folding the river would be a mistake to a click back. River bet looks a bit big tho.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Anarchist992Anarchist992 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    I think folding the river would be a mistake to a click back. River bet looks a bit big tho.

Okay, i think i do have a bit of a problem overvaluing 2 pairs, maybe another 2/3 bet would be better?

Villian ended up showing 5h3c
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 16
    Why are you opening so small when you have two of the three remaining players left to act labeled as fish?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 4,070 -

Okay, i think i do have a bit of a problem overvaluing 2 pairs, maybe another 2/3 bet would be better?

Villian ended up showing 5h3c

More an issue of figuring out a target range and the fact you probably don't have a lot of bluffs on the end.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • betwisebetwise Red Chipper Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited May 17

I agree with NOT folding to the river raise. I think the river bet size was good. I think Hero gets looked up by Ax and AQ

• TonyGTonyG Red Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Interesting hand, thanks for sharing. Generally agree with how you played it, but would make 2 recommendations:
    1) Think you should have sized up your open to at least 3BBs with fish ahead. 2.4BBs from the CO is a fine standard open, but you can use larger sizing to punish the fish who tend to play too many hands.
    2) Think you should have sized down on the river, especially if you are targeting Kx and Ax. That said, most fish play fit-or-fold on the flop, so I also question how many Kx and KQ hands he gets to the river with.
  • Anarchist992Anarchist992 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Thanks for all the comments, definitely will be upping my open sizing with just fish ahead from now on. I've been playing for a year now and just hit 100,000 hands so it's about time i got some feedback lol
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's knowing why 1) the flop sizing is poor 2) the river sizing is poor and 3) why opening larger is okay but an unnecessary exploit that will make you a better player. None of these three points of discussion are particularly subjective, and so they are repeatable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file