Online Study Group Game Tonight (Mon 5/18) 9:00 PM ET / 6:00 PM PT

JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
Note: Game being moved from Pokerstars to PPPoker!

All members of the Red Chip Forum are invited to join us!

We simultaneously play on a private PPPoker club, while having a friendly discussion in a zoom meeting. Video is optional, but you will need EITHER a working microphone and speakers on your machine, OR you will need to separately call into a bridge from a phone line to talk to us. We will play for about 30-60 minutes with friendly conversation during playing, then we stop playing and review the hands (over zoomed share screen) another 30-60 minutes, and that’s it.

We are going to try to cap the study session to 2 hours, but we will keep the zoom open for people who want to hang around and chat afterwards.

In our discussions, there are no right or wrong answers, or any "group think". Differing points of view are encouraged and always respected. If we find any hands or spots interesting, we may post them on this forum here.

Instructions for joining PPPoker club:
- Go to http://pppoker.net/ , and download the free software
- Create a user account there (if you don't already have one.)
- Find the club tab.
- Hit the magnifying glass / search key
- In the "Join a Club window", enter club ID: 1315122
- Also go to the profile tab (bottom), and set your nickname

Instructions for zoom meeting
- Make sure the microphone works on the machine you are using (video optional), but if not, you will need to call in separately with a number and pass code that will be provided just before the game.
- Check this thread for the zoom link (and call in number.) It is usually posted 15-20 minutes before scheduled meeting time.

If you have any questions, please either post it on this thread, or message me. Or even jump on the zoom channel just to say hello.

Comments

• IrishboxmanIrishboxman Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Hey i'd love to play, i'm already in the pokerstars club. But you can't download PPPoker app on mac !! any chance we can just keep using the stars club.

Thanks
  • JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 468 ✭✭✭
    Hey i'd love to play, i'm already in the pokerstars club. But you can't download PPPoker app on mac !! any chance we can just keep using the stars club.

Thanks

@Irishboxman , Have you tried the link "Download from App Store" on the PPPoker home page? (With the apple logo next to it?)

One of the several reasons we are trialing PPPoker was pokerstars home games can't be run on tablets, and we had a member join our zoom chat last Thursday with a tablet who couldn't participate in the game!

• IrishboxmanIrishboxman Red Chipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Yeah i've triple checked and its only available on iphone and Ipad, I don't think they have a mac computer version.

Also while your here, I want to post a hand in the online hands forum but I can't find the "new discussion " button, I'm sure thats a stupid question and its right in front of me but I can't see it anywhere.

Thanks
    There may be a period new members can't post new discussions, I think the board had issues with non-human accounts auto subscribing and posting lots of spam, so I think this may be a temporary remedy.

Can you find for your mac either an iPhone (ios) emulator or a windows emulator?

I did a quick google search, and bluestacks (android emulator) works on the mac. I know a lot of folks with PCs use bluestacks. https://www.bluestacks.com/
    Zoom Meeting:
    https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81392318962?pwd=ZER6U2NNaW5GZG1xM1RCV0tpTGxIUT09

Dial by your location
    +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
    +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
    +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
    +1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
    +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
    +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
    Meeting ID: 813 9231 8962
    Password: 715830
    Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kyYSEBSrT
  • John ValentineJohn Valentine Red Chipper Posts: 79 ✭✭
    I have downloaded the PPPoker software. When is the next meeting and what is the id code. Also when you give a time do you mean central time? Looking forward to a game.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,404 -
    I have downloaded the PPPoker software. When is the next meeting and what is the id code. Also when you give a time do you mean central time? Looking forward to a game.

The time is given in both ET and PT in the post title.
    Moderation In Moderation
    OK. At the top there is a 5/18 Monday night game. So I missed that one. When is the next game, this being Wednesday the 20th.
    Getting my butt kicked in plo at the moment.
  • BigDaddyBigDaddy Red Chipper Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Next game will be Thursday, May 21st, 9 pm EST.
    We have gotten into a Monday and Thursday schedule for the group. Anyone can propose a change in dates if it doesn't work for them.

We seem to like the PPPoker club games over the pokerstars home games, because:
    - Players can now play from tablets, androids, and iPhones
    - We can play "deeper stacked" (Stars is limited to 100 BB buy-in, PPPoker we can go as high as 500 BB)
    - Much easier for any player in a hand to reveal their cards at the end (which helps our discussions)
    - Players who folded earlier in the hand can also reveal their hole cards for discussions
    - The game saves your history of the last 100 hands without relying on someone to "screen-record" the game.

One issue is while the software is supported on Windows, Android, iPhone, and Google-Play, it is not supported for Mac. Our players with Mac's have been playing on their cell phones while using their Mac for zoom discussion. I think Mac users should also be able to get iPhone, android, or even Windows emulators for their Mac to run the game.

See everyone there. And as a very knowledgeable poker person likes to say, "happy grinding".
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 259 ✭✭
    Is there one of these games tonight?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file