ACE KING

humpsterhumpster Red Chipper Posts: 35 ✭✭
Online tourney with 3k runners. Down to last 50. I have 36 bbs and :As:Kc in the BB. Villain in UTG2 raises 2.2x. Folds to me. I 3bet to 6bb. Villian goes allin. Villain has me covered.

What to do????

I thought about folding leaving myself 30 bigs but I called. Villain had tens and win. Was my play bad.

Comments

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭
    Need more info here. Are you in the money already? Are there any significant pay jumps? What was the average stack (bb)?
  • humpsterhumpster Red Chipper Posts: 35 ✭✭
    hi ninjah, yeah in the money. The pay jumps are not that significant until the FT. Not sure what the average stack was but I believe I had an above average stack at the beginning of the hand.
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24
    I haven't ran the actual numbers but against his range that shoves here I'd estimate that you're around 45% equity so it's up to you as to whether you want to essentially run a flip for a big stack or risk busting. I don't really think you can go wrong either way given that aren't any noteworthy pay jumps any time soon. There are pros and cons to each obviously.

That being said, at nearly 40bb at this stage of the tournament and facing an EP 4-bet shove, I'd prefer to fold. We have plenty of chips to make a run and can find better spots.
  • uglytunauglytuna Red Chipper Posts: 130 ✭✭
    What’s more important to you, stack preservation or chip accumulation?
  • humpsterhumpster Red Chipper Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Having maneuvered through a big field of over 3000 runners to get down to the last 50, I think stack preservation and reducing variance is more important at this stage of the tournament.
    Problem is if opponents know this is my strategy then I can get highly exploited.
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 306 ✭✭
    They'll need an opportunity to exploit you first. Avg stack is important. If ur ITM w/ 40bb and avg stack is 20bb then it forces large chunks of opps ranges to call when you do play your obviously narrow range.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file