6max 1-2NL TPTK for three streets?

SuessSuess Red Chipper Posts: 89 ✭✭
Plexiglass pandemic poker at the Seminole Hard Rock; Tampa, FL

Hero (BB): I've been at the table for roughly 45 minutes and nothing notable has happened. Typical passive play pre-/postflop by all players but me and main V. I'm talking with a chatty guy to my left and am probably seen as an ok-TAG. Down a bit to $270 from $300 max buy in.

V (CO): 20s asian guy watching a movie on his phone with over-the-ear Beats. Big stack at table sitting on around ~$800 but I haven't seen how he got any of it. He raises wide when it's folded to him and seems to have decent frequencies postflop. I haven't seen him showdown anything notable. Straddles often in CO/BTN. He is the only player straddling.

V2 (MP): Middle-aged white guy playing loose-passive. Largely irrelevant.

$270 effective. 6 handed. V1 in CO straddles.
Preflop
Folds to Hero in BB with :Ac:Kc who raises to $15. V2 calls. V calls.

Standard open at the table was 10-15 (15 with straddle on). $10 was enough to get it down to HU or 3 ways most hands, unlike at a typical full-ring table. Planning to call all players' 3-bet and 4-bet V.
Flop
($43) :Kd:6c:6s
Hero bets $22. V2 folds. V calls.

I'm betting for value to get called by worse K's and non-believing underpairs. I like my sizing but am open to opinions. Range V at 77-JJ, 56s, 67s, 86s, A6s, 66, KQ, KJs, K10s after his call.
Turn
($87) :2d
Hero bets $50. V2 takes 15s or so and calls.

Again betting for value from worse K's and sticky underpairs. I don't think this card changes much, and in hindsight, wish I bet more like $60-$70. Range V at 99-JJ, 56s, 67s, 86s, A6s, 66, KQ, KJs. Range is almost exactly the same, but I am discounting some 6x combos and some KQ/KJs combos that I think he might fold on the turn?
River
($187) :Qs
Hero thinks and checks. V thinks and checks.

At this point I have about a pot-sized bet left. I do not think V calls with worse if I shove. I debate betting $100, but I feel this is a bet/fold spot, as I think he's only raising with a 6 or rivered KQ two-pair. I do not think I would not be able to fold for $70 more getting over 4:1 despite not thinking I am good >20% of the time. I decide to check and most likely call. I am struggling to find many bluffs, though, unless he turns one of his underpairs into a bluff, which I'm not sure if he is capable/willing to do.

Comments on all decisions, sizing and overall logic/line of thinking are appreciated.

PS: Feel free to ask about what it was like playing live in this post-Covid poker room. (But please also offer advice on the hand, because I feel this is a fairly frequent spot in which I should be able to act more confidently!)

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    I think it's a genuinely tough spot that is very dependent on the opponent. The Q produces two obvious problems. KQ is in V's range and V probably thinks it's in yours. A smallish bet as a hybrid block/thin-value is probably okay, but I'm not sure it's better than a check against anyone but a major calling station.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • SuessSuess Red Chipper Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Thanks, Kat. I agree with the issues the Q brings. If I were deeper, I feel like I could confidently bet/fold.

If V puts us all-in do you let it go or find a call? How about $100ish? I think I'd have to let it go if he shoves, but if he bet ~$100 or less I think I close my eyes and call.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    Given the lack of bluffs/missed draws, I suspect it's a fold for any significant bet.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    A smallish bet as a hybrid block/thin-value is probably okay, but I'm not sure it's better than a check against anyone but a major calling station.

This should be adress in connection with earlier streets bet sizings, which are suboptimal/somehow bad.
  • SuessSuess Red Chipper Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Red wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    A smallish bet as a hybrid block/thin-value is probably okay, but I'm not sure it's better than a check against anyone but a major calling station.

This should be adress in connection with earlier streets bet sizings, which are suboptimal/somehow bad.

Red, are you suggesting to bet less in these spots in order to keep V's ranges wider? I know in my OP I said I wished I bet more on the turn, but I think that was me being a little results oriented.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭✭
    Open Flopzilla
    Put in your OOP open bet range.
    On K66r, what hand do you c-bet? How many are there ? What % of your preflop range is it?
    On turned 2d, what hand from your flop range do you bet? How many are there? What % of your flop range is it?

And if you want/need a more concrete example: Do you do this line with these sizings with like JJ ? QsJs ? AQo ? AdTd ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file