How do I go to bed at a reasonable time?

FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in Off Topic Chat
this site is a time warp. :bomb

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    Create a bedtime routine. Mine involves brushing my teeth and turning on 'American Dad'...
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • ArtArtBobartArtArtBobart Red Chipper Posts: 356 ✭✭
    Drink lots of water before you get in bed :)
  • ChipXtractorChipXtractor Red Chipper Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭
    So this may come across as a BS answer but if you want to get to sleep at an earlier time ... Wake up at an earlier time. Allow your body to self regulate.

I have a very flexible work schedule. Most days I can sleep until early afternoon if i really wanted. Occasionally I get out of whack and end up staying up until the early morning hours and sleeping until noon or later.

What I do to get on a better (more productive for me) schedule is set my alarm for an earlier hour in the AM. Do this for a few days and you will have less problem falling asleep at night earlier. You will be naturally more tired come the evening hours.
  • FilthyCasualFilthyCasual Red Chipper Posts: 871 ✭✭✭
    I've worked 3rd shift the last 2 years of my life, recently went to 2nd and it seems when I am trying to get to bed, it's generally when my body has been trained to hit another wave of energy (between 1-3 am)

Thanks for the suggestions! More water and a well watched tv show. Used to work with the Big Lebowski or the Office for me pretty well, and I've fallen out of that habit. Maybe Archer for me since I'm not too big on American Dad. I've cut out my caffiene intake after 8 (possibly should push that a little earlier though). Step one would probably be cutting myself off from the forum at 1 am, but since I'm perusing the forum at work, it's when I can get my 1 cent in.

I wake up at 7 because that's when my son wakes up, can't really make it through a day on 4-5 hours of sleep like I used to in my early 20s! I attempt to squeeze a nap in some where between 9 am and 1 pm, but it's nothing I can really plan around.
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm, too bad you can't plan on a nap. I had a high school biology teacher who experimented with his summer off of school to fool with his sleep patterns. He started with 4 hours asleep, 8 hours awake, 4 hours asleep, 8 hours awake. Then he went to 2/4/2/4/2/4/2/4. I think he was planning on trying 1/2/1/2.... but something came up. Anyway, he said it was working nicely up until that point.

Anyway, getting some real exercise is a big help.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file