Fishy .25/.50 Online Club

krub16krub16 Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
.25/.50 6-handed
We're about 160 hands in and the game has gotten very loose. The big stack has 350 and last time we played he managed to lose $750 in a .25/.50 game over 200 hands. Recently arrived is BB who usually shows up, plays every hand, donates his chips and leaves. I'm probably the strongest player in the game at this point but in more of a skinniest kid at fat camp kind of way.

UTG (25.46) Straddle $1
HJ (big stack) Folds
CO (100.36) Limps - 40-50% VPIP, only 3bets with TT+, calls open raises all the time, bottom of calling range is around 64s (60%ish?)
HERO BTN :Ah:Jd (128.50) Raise to $3
SB (187.09) Calling station, Calls
BB charity (60.18) Calls
UTG Calls
CO Calls

5-way pot: $15
Flop: :Ad:Kd:5h
4 checks to me on BTN, I bet $10
SB fold
BB call
UTG fold
CO call

3-way pot: $45
Turn: :4h
BB ($47.18) check
CO ($87.36) check
Hero ($87.50) bet $28
BB shove
CO call
$19.18 to me w/ $167.36 in the pot (little <9:1)
Hero Call

$186.54 in pot
River: :5s
CO (40.18) Check
Hero (68.32) Check

Questions:
1. Am I overplaying this hand? I'm certain that CO is not on TT+ because he seems to exclusively 3bet those (and only those). He could be on AK, A5 or 55 but with 3 checks to him on the flop, I have to think he would have bet there. AQ is in his calling, but not 3bet range but I also suspect a bet from him on the flop in that situation especially if it is :Qd . BB has played very passively in the hand and could be setting a trap especially if he feels like I'm C-betting too often. He's also pretty pot-committed and the kind of guy that would catch a piece of that flop and just shove. From what I've seen he could have almost anything.

2. Was my river check a bad idea? AQ has me beat and could draw a check there . A5 is a river shove from CO, AK is probably a shove on the turn (and probably a fold rather than a call for me there getting 3:1 instead of 9:1). I didn't bet because I thought the only options were CO folding a busted straight or flush or calling with a better hand. I'm wondering if the shove pushing AQ or AJ out would be worth it although he'd be getting 5.5:1 in that spot and probably not folding. A value bet into the busted flush seems like I'm just setting myself up for the raise on my middling hand that I have to auto-call.

3. Question 3 in the spoiler.
BB :9d:4d
VLN :Jd:Td
Hero wins $186.54

Question 3: Did CO play that well? The math seems to check out and the implied odds are solid. Should he have shoved the turn?

Comments

• KeyserS023KeyserS023 Red Chipper Posts: 30 ✭✭
    You and Villain both seem to have the :Jd. I'd check out that deck.
  • krub16krub16 Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited June 17
    Ah I mean J of clubs for me.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,838 -
    Preflop raise seems tiny. Some reason for that?
    Moderation In Moderation
    Straddle was on so I backed off a little. General open is 3x in the game but I had a limper behind. Would 4x make more sense?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,838 -
    krub16 wrote: »
    Straddle was on so I backed off a little. General open is 3x in the game but I had a limper behind. Would 4x make more sense?

If your standard is 3x, you have a blind straddle and a call in front and a station in the SB, I would go at least 5x. Offsuit broadways dislike multiway pots anyway, but that would be my default with any raising hand.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • wescrowescro Red Chipper Posts: 54 ✭✭
    1. I know that the straddles might make a 3x raise seem ok, but with 2 limpers and the blinds behind, I think 4.5x or 5x makes sense as a better raise, especially with a hand that (I presume) is near the bottom of your 3-bet range.
    2. I don't think you overplayed it. The turn barrel might be a spot where you could slow down, since there's a ton of 2 pair hands that hit the weird ranges you're up against. But since the board is sooo draw-heavy, I don't have a problem with the bet here either.
    3. River check was the right call, IMO. Even with the crazy pot odds, I'm not sure you get called by worse and I think it's even less likely that you get a better hand to fold. So a check feels correct to me.
    4. CO's line was somewhat strange, but as you pointed out, given the PO that he got on each street, he was getting good enough odds to chase. The main problem with his line is that he had zero fold equity on a reshove when he misses because the you'd be getting more than 5 to 1 against a river shove. So the SPR left him with no recourse when he missed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file