Site Upgrade

TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 4,270 -
Hey everyone:

We're making some back-end changes to how various bits of the site talk to one another in an attempt to increase loading speeds. If you come across a CORE or PRO page that is acting funny, please DM me.

Thanks ~ Kat
Moderation In Moderation

Comments

• Ori13_TTVOri13_TTV PennsylvaniaRed Chipper Posts: 94 ✭✭
    Are there any changes in the works to make navigation easier?

Some features id really like to see would be the ability to see the upload date and sort by date, user playlists/watch later lists, something to denote if youve watched the video before, and better sorting by topic (like search for videos on 3betting)

It also seems like there could be some more focus on new content and onboarding new coaches
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 4,270 -
    edited July 2020
    Very prescient. All these topics are being addressed. I'll be updating here within the next few weeks outlining changes and improvements, and will also make sure subscribers get an email on the topic.
    Moderation In Moderation
    See also this thread which was my brute force attempt to ameliorate the problem a while back.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • NTD12NTD12 Red Chipper Posts: 111 ✭✭
    Thanks kat. What @Ori13_TTV mentioned is exactly what I was looking for also.
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    See also this thread which was my brute force attempt to ameliorate the problem a while back.

Thanks, thats helpful. I think it also kind of underscores the lack of fresh new content being generated though. I think there are some very very talented players and content creators out there that could bring some new light to the site. When I was a full member on the site it didnt take long to realize new content wasn't being made and the lack of dates on the videos felt like (im not saying it is, just how it felt) like a transparent attempt to hide the lack of new content.
    edited July 2020
    I of course mean that in the most constructive way possible. I plug the core program every chance i get. It fills a very important niche at the rightprice point very well., but the pro membership doesnt seem worth the price in its current state and i almost never feel comfortable recommending the pro membership for the price even though there are quite a few golden nugget videos on there.
    This is great feedback and I very much appreciate it.

I don't like to fall back on the "wait and see" line, because it's not very helpful. However, our marketing people do give me guidelines/restrictions on what I'm allowed to announce and when I'm allowed to do so. So without pissing them off, I think I can say that in the last quarter of the year we have a significant amount of new material that will be added to the PRO library, and improvements in how it's structured.

Essentially what has happened this year is that we accelerated the big CORE2.0 overhaul and made that a priority, but we have definitely not forgotten about PRO. That is our big push between now and 2021.
    Moderation In Moderation
    That sounds great, im excited to see whats coming

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file