BTN: 209.62 BB
Hero (SB): 165 BB
BB: 138.48 BB
UTG: 113.22 BB
MP: 120 BB
CO: 301.2 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Ks Kh
fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2.86 BB, Hero raises to 9.58 BB, fold, BTN raises to 24.7 BB, Hero calls 15.12 BB

Flop : (50.4 BB, 2 players) 4h 4c 7h
Hero checks, BTN bets 37.8 BB, Hero calls 37.8 BB

Turn : (126 BB, 2 players) Th
Hero bets 35.5 BB, BTN raises to 147.12 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 67 BB and is all-in

Villain is a 22/17 PFAF:2; post flop Afq 50% I have in my notes he 4bet with QQ+(I only have 2k hands), In the past I've played with Villain and he seemed pretty aggressive.
Because I was kind of deep, I wasn't really sure If I should 5bet or even what range I should consider. Should I still include AKs, QQ+? I'm not really sure. Anyway, I played this hand with confusion. What do you think would be the best line? thought process?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    Probably relevant that this is BTN vs SB. Your opponent likely assumes your 3-bet range is relatively wide against a button open, and may 4-bet wider than usual as a result.

The turn is awkward since there's less than a pot bet to play, but I don't think I like leading.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • PjotrskiPjotrski Red Chipper Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Pre: Shouldn't we be 3betting bigger this deep?

Villain could now call < 4% of his effective stack. Our range could be pretty wide, but still. If so, I'm not sure what would be the minimum 3bet size here though.

Turn: Without reads that villain spazzes out I don't think we should be leading.

Villain could use the scare card to bluff, simply bluff because that's what he planned to do or valuebet worse.

Hero is never leading with pure air. He can have flushes or high pairs with a heart. Therefore it almost seems as if you're turning KK into a bluff. So I suppose c/c and c/c is the way to go.

• betwisebetwise Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Thanks. I though the donk on the turn was bad. What range do you think villain is 4betting with? should I 5bet?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    betwise wrote: »
    Thanks. I though the donk on the turn was bad. What range do you think villain is 4betting with? should I 5bet?

Do you have a polarized 5-bet range in these spots? If not, it's probably better not to.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • BFSkinnerBFSkinner Red Chipper Posts: 121 ✭✭
    Villian has the polarized uncapped range while you do not. You block hearts with Kh. Why lead the turn? It turns a very good hand into a bluff and makes you play for stacks with a 1 pair hand
  • betwisebetwise Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Thanks for the input. I don't have a polarized 5 bet range and I see your point about leading the turn turns my hand into a bluff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file