AA vs. Double Check Raise

samwbrett1986samwbrett1986 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
Villain has only been at the table for six hands, so no real reads. Not sure what players are usually taking this line with. I'm getting roughly 2-1, and I'm trying to think what hands I could beat like maybe :8h:9h, :Ah:HEART: , etc... Against two pair is not terrible, but obviously need a lot of draws or air to make a call possible. Is the range below for villain hopelessly unrealistic? I'm not sure if his range is more semi-bluff or value heavy. Against the range below I'm at around 36% equity, but this seems like wishful thinking.

77; 66; 33; 76s; 54s; :Ah:Qh; :Ah:Jh; :Qh:Jh; :Ah:Th; :Qh:Th; :Jh:Th; :Ah:9h; :Th:9h; :Ah:8h; :9h:8h; :Ah:7h; :8h:7h; :Ah:6h; :Ah:5h; :6h:5h; :Ah:4h; :Ah:2h

Bovada - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

CO: 117.36 BB
BTN: 124.96 BB
Villain (SB): 126.6 BB
BB: 87.44 BB
Hero (UTG): 169.24 BB
MP: 123.64 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has :As:Ah
Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, fold, fold, Villain calls 3.6 BB, fold

Flop : (9 BB, 2 players) :3h:7s:Kh
Villain checks, Hero bets 6 BB, Villain raises to 16.28 BB, Hero calls 10.28 BB

Turn : (41.56 BB, 2 players) :6d
Villain checks, Hero bets 24 BB, Villain raises to 106.32 BB and is all-in, Hero...

Comments

• RandonRiversRandonRivers BlackburnRed Chipper Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I'm also interested in if people are also stacking off here. You have the Ah so block a lot of possible flush draws he could have. I wouldn't say he has any 2 pair type hands on the flop so does seem to be weighted towards sets. Hard to say if he has hands like 45s etc when we don't know the type of range he is calling pre flop oop against an UTG opener. Previously to doing this course I would snap call this. Now i hate this spot but not sure if I'm still calling against an unknown
  • wittmaanwittmaan Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Villain could easily fold to Hero bets on the flop, because he wasn't the aggressor and he was also OOP. But villain chose a check-raise, that means he wants to go to war.

Something is going on. Maybe Flush draw, top pair, two pairs or trips. It depends of the player type.

When Hero decides to call the check-raise he is choosing to be the passive one on this hand. But why? For value? I don't know about that call, maybe Hero could keep his position of aggressor by 3-betting. And the 3-bet would be my last move on this hand, if villain comes over the top I would fold. Im going broke a lot with aces hahahah Im just trying to avoid it. Better spots are coming.
  • BFSkinnerBFSkinner Red Chipper Posts: 118 ✭✭
    Why would you bet after facing a check-raise on the flop? You have a high equity bluff catcher and block the nut flush. His hand strength doesn't change much on this turn (54hh gets there).

Put this another way, when have you EVER played a flush draw like this on a disconnected board?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    I think this is a common line with a FD right up until the turn shove, so betting turn doesn't look unreasonable to me. Might go a bit smaller.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • samwbrett1986samwbrett1986 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Right yeah I'm blocking the ace high flush draws. An odd line either value or semibluff on his end as almost always expect someone to c/f after c/r flop. Even if he's check/raising his flush draws, which it seems unlikely he is still only 30% equity. I changed the range to:

77,33,76s,54s,QhJh,QhTh,JhTh,Th9h,9h8h,8h7h,6h5h

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file