July GCS - Any Questions?

Hey everyone:

After doing a little data analysis we've found our archived group coaching sessions get on average 20x (!) the views of live attendance numbers. Since doing anything live limits production values, and since you indicated in a survey last year that you wanted videos to be a little glossier, we're going to try something a little different for the next few months.

Starting this month, the GCS will be prerecorded. We'll also put together some ancillary materials as we did last year. I think the only thing we lose with this approach is the possibility for live Q&A. So I encourage you to leave questions in advance in this thread, and I also promise I'll make sure presenters respond to questions that you may have after watching the presentation in the PRO GCS library.

Doug and Kent will be providing the July presentation. The topic is somewhat inspired by this COVID mess and the fact live poker is now short-handed. Further, many of you who have jumped to online are playing primarily 6-max. Doug and Kent will discuss the transition to short-handed play, including how to exploit the typical mistakes made by those unaccustomed to the format.

Thanks ~ Kat

Moderation In Moderation
Tagged:

Comments

• sfx_beigssfx_beigs Red Chipper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    If you need any audio help, let me know.

This is a nit only I would pick, but the mouth tickiness and lip smacks in some of these videos drives me bananas. But I also earn a living ridding the world of those (among other audio related things) so I’m happy to help.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,669 -
    sfx_beigs wrote: »

This is a nit only I would pick, but the mouth tickiness and lip smacks in some of these videos drives me bananas. But I also earn a living ridding the world of those (among other audio related things) so I’m happy to help.

Thanks I'll pass that on.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Ori13_TTVOri13_TTV PennsylvaniaRed Chipper Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited July 18
    sfx_beigs wrote: »

Youre not the only one haha

I suspect it may be dougs microphone
    Maybe it would be a good idea to send an email out to members with these kind of updates since im fairly certain most of the people who watch the replayed videos also arent particularly active in the forums. An email like that could hit 3 birds with one stone: invite members to submit Q&A via email, encourage forum participation, and remind members of aspects of their membership they may find valuable (like the group coaching sessions which i had forgotten about)
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every podcast i do requires at least an hour of audio editing to get rid of such stuff, just have to do it.
  • sfx_beigssfx_beigs Red Chipper Posts: 74 ✭✭
    persuadeo wrote: »
    Every podcast i do requires at least an hour of audio editing to get rid of such stuff, just have to do it.

Me too. I have friends who tell me “podcasts are never edited” and that I waste my time cleaning mine up but I can’t let it slide. It would be weird for a podcast done by a sound guy to sound like crap.
    Ori13_TTV wrote: »
    Maybe it would be a good idea to send an email out to members with these kind of updates since im fairly certain most of the people who watch the replayed videos also arent particularly active in the forums. An email like that could hit 3 birds with one stone: invite members to submit Q&A via email, encourage forum participation, and remind members of aspects of their membership they may find valuable (like the group coaching sessions which i had forgotten about)

We send such an email monthly. Sounds like we may have a distribution list issue, I'll chase that up.
    Moderation In Moderation
    TheGameKat wrote: »

We send such an email monthly. Sounds like we may have a distribution list issue, I'll chase that up.

Ahh gotchya, im not currently a pro member, so i shouldnt have gotten the email. I just incorrectly assumed that if you were posting this here that it couldnt possibly have also been communicated by any other means 😣
    TheGameKat wrote: »

Ahh gotchya, im not currently a pro member, so i shouldnt have gotten the email. I just incorrectly assumed that if you were posting this here that it couldnt possibly have also been communicated by any other means 😣

Haha. Yeah sometimes we take a belt and braces[1] approach.

[1] suspenders? that always makes Brits laugh.
    Moderation In Moderation
    edited July 31
    Please note: we published a version of this with a corrupted audio track. It's being recorded and a clean copy will be up within the next few days.

Around mid-month I'll also have some news concerning new PRO material for the remainder of the year.

Thanks ~ Kat
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file