Is this a good candidate to jam over top of a raise on the turn?

Ori13_TTVOri13_TTV PennsylvaniaRed Chipper Posts: 77 ✭✭
edited July 16 in Online Poker Hands
PokerStars - $0.30 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $18.35
UTG: $61.52
MP: $31.42
CO: $30.82
BTN: $50.44
Hero (SB): $40.25

Hero posts SB $0.15, BB posts BB $0.30

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.45) Hero has :QH::KH:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $3.00, fold, BTN calls $2.10

Flop: ($6.30, 2 players) :9H::QS::JS:
Hero bets $2.40, BTN calls $2.40

Turn: ($11.10, 2 players) :6H:
Hero bets $4.50, BTN raises to $13.50, Hero ...

villain stats:
0ynfxsd9e9t9.png

he seems like the kind of villain that would be capable of raising flushdraws, straight draws (maybe TT?) or strong combo draws in this kind of scenario, although i think hes also going to have some straights and maybe some two pair that didnt raise the flop. i dont think hes going to have many sets, the one combo of QQ would have 3bet pre, JJ and 99 probably raises the flop and 66 folds on the flop.

can I jam here or do I call and hold on to my hat and try to take my equity?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    Given the price a jam offers V I think all you fold out is the highly improbable complete air.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Ori13_TTVOri13_TTV PennsylvaniaRed Chipper Posts: 77 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Given the price a jam offers V I think all you fold out is the highly improbable complete air.

right, so we would be getting value from those possible draws while value owning ourselves against the stronger portion of his range. i wonder which outweighs which. having the heart draw is definitely a bonus if we jam and get called by better
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    Ori13_TTV wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »

right, so we would be getting value from those possible draws while value owning ourselves against the stronger portion of his range. i wonder which outweighs which. having the heart draw is definitely a bonus if we jam and get called by better

Definitely an interesting spot. Feels like a call to me, but clearly what one needs to do is map out how this'll work for different parts of V's range. Like that branch where we make the flush and they're not on hearts might lose value through a turn call, but there are other outcomes where call must be better.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • BFSkinnerBFSkinner Red Chipper Posts: 118 ✭✭
    If you are up against air, jamming folds out everything you beat. If you are up against KT or a set, you have clean odds to suck out. I call here and check/fold a missed straight or missed flush river.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file