Call the Jam here?

splashbrossplashbros Red Chipper Posts: 11 ✭✭
$5 tournament, made the money and no significant money jumps incoming.
Hero had Ad5h on the BB (20BBs)
Folds to Villainn(45BBs) in the cutoff and min-raises (2.1BB)
Folds to Hero and Hero calls
Flop came: Ac6s4d Pot: 5.7BB
Hero checks,Villain c-bet 1.7BB, Hero flats.
Turn 3s. Board : Ac6s4d3s Pot:9.1BB
Hero checks again, villain bets ~ half pot for 4.4BB, Hero flats
River 3c Board: Ac6s4d3s3c Pot: ~18BB
Hero checks again, villain jam for hero's effective stack of 12BB, hero folds.

Thoughts on this hand? Firstly, is there any consideration to jam the turn given that we still have immediate outs but counter-argument against that is that we dont need protection and probably never getting called by worse (dont know how true is that), i ran the numbers on equilab giving cutoff 22+, A2s+,A9o+ and some suited connectors and was shocked to see that i had 78% equity on the turn. I thought that the hero fold was marginal but it seems like the numbers are heavily favored towards a call. I like a call here as well given that villain could be attacking my capped range. It seems like a ace or air situation, would love hear your opinion on this hand. ( still a novice in tournaments)

Comments

• cmanganocmangano Red Chipper Posts: 38 ✭✭
    I'm not a big tourney player so take this with a grain of salt, but I probably jam the flop if not the turn. You're already short stacked, you flopped top pair with backdoor straight draws. I just can't forsee a lot of better spots for you than this.

I definitely think as played you have to call the river.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    3-bet jam pre is another option.

I think in a tournament that, whatever line you take, there's a huge advantage in being the one to make the all-in bet. Check-shove turn has appeal if you think you'll fold out bigger aces.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • splashbrossplashbros Red Chipper Posts: 11 ✭✭

@cmangano
    yeah i agree about the fact that there is no better spot for me but is it a cash game flaw to think that jamming the turn is a bad play since we are unlikely getting called by worse. Also, yeah not a good tourney player either and i should definitely had put this hand into my 3-bet squeeze range.
  • splashbrossplashbros Red Chipper Posts: 11 ✭✭
    @TheGameKat

Yeah i think that 3-bet jam pre is a better option for me since im terrible at navigating postflop. Thanks for your input!
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    splashbros wrote: »
    @cmangano
    yeah i agree about the fact that there is no better spot for me but is it a cash game flaw to think that jamming the turn is a bad play since we are unlikely getting called by worse. Also, yeah not a good tourney player either and i should definitely had put this hand into my 3-bet squeeze range.

You might fold out a bigger ace with draw equity to fall back on.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file