Opponents range for streets of value?

Ori13_TTVOri13_TTV PennsylvaniaRed Chipper Posts: 84 ✭✭
does the opponents calling range affect our streets of value?

like lets say hypothetically we have the stone cold nuts and our opponent calls 1 street with hands we get value from, but he folds 100% of his range to a second barrel... does that mean we only really have 1 street?

not sure if i explained the question quite right, so if you want me to try to clarify or give a better example, let me know
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,669 -
    In your example, my question is always can we get extra streets by the simple expedient of betting smaller. More generally, we typically have a target range of made hands and proceed accordingly.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Ori13_TTVOri13_TTV PennsylvaniaRed Chipper Posts: 84 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    In your example, my question is always can we get extra streets by the simple expedient of betting smaller. More generally, we typically have a target range of made hands and proceed accordingly.

i was kinda thinking about something like that as a follow up question...

like thinking about, 'how much more likely am i to get 2 streets by betting turn and river than i am if i bet flop and turn' and obviously weighing that thought process against vulnerability and potential for missed value and such
  • Ori13_TTVOri13_TTV PennsylvaniaRed Chipper Posts: 84 ✭✭
    do you think the first part of my post is right though? like we are taking the number of streets theyre likely to call into account when we think about streets of value right?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,669 -
    Ori13_TTV wrote: »
    do you think the first part of my post is right though? like we are taking the number of streets theyre likely to call into account when we think about streets of value right?

The way I look at it is how many streets will they call and I'm still ahead.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file