Folding a flush. NL10

Zsolti07Zsolti07 Red Chipper Posts: 37 ✭✭
Was the line ok? What do you think?

Thank you.
Zsolti07

SB (9,3k hands): 26/18/4 - Raise cbet: 7. Postflop agg fatkor: 1,8
BB (94 hands): 23/19/0 - Postflop agg faktor: 7 - Flop agg%: 22 (9)- Turn agg%: 43 (7) - Went to SD: 11 (9)

Hand Information
PokerStars No Limit, 0.1 BB (5 handed).
Hand History converter courtesy of pokerhandreplays.com

Table Information
Seat: 2 psergey ($10.18) Small Blind
Seat: 3 alenka2014 ($10.64) Big Blind
Seat: 4 damon7777 ($11.15)
Seat: 5 thiusk ($10.3)
Seat: 6 Hero ($10.21) Dealer
Dealt to Hero
4C.png 5C.png 

Preflop (Pot:0.15)
damon7777    FOLD
thiusk    FOLD
Hero    RAISE $0.25
psergey    CALL $0.2
alenka2014    CALL $0.15

Flop(Pot: $0.75)
JH.png QC.png 7C.png 

psergey    CHECK
alenka2014    CHECK
Hero    BET $0.4
psergey    RAISE $1.2
alenka2014    CALL $1.2
Hero    CALL $0.8

Turn(Pot: $4.35)
JH.png QC.png 7C.png 8C.png 

psergey    BET $1.25
alenka2014    RAISE $3.1
Hero    FOLD
psergey    FOLD
alenka2014    RETURN $1.85
Showdown:
alenka2014 MUCKS

alenka2014  wins the pot: $8.7

Comments

• CptSpauldingCptSpaulding Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited July 31
    Well first I wouldn't be popping the flop all the time in this spot; it's an MW pot so we don't want to get 3b off or have to fold an over the top jam; since the board has a few draws and we weren't the preflop aggressor. Secondly, we typically don't want to fold to the one reason why we play SC's to begin with. You made your hand, now deny others their equity otr.
  • Zsolti07Zsolti07 Red Chipper Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Thank you. So check On the flop. But playing this way did I should broke on the turn? Can BB have a weaker hand as my flush?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,669 -
    Zsolti07 wrote: »
    Thank you. So check On the flop. But playing this way did I should broke on the turn? Can BB have a weaker hand as my flush?

With the betting lead and position I think the flop bet is natural. I can see why you folded, but it doesn't feel right.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Zsolti07 wrote: »

With the betting lead and position I think the flop bet is natural. I can see why you folded, but it doesn't feel right.

Because of the flop call. H calls to hit his flush, hit, now has to fold. Sure, we are obviously folding against a better hand/flush, but it feels like we wasted money.
    Which H did IMHO.

Such a bad FD MW is pretty regularly dominated. SB will balance his C-R with probably OESD and FD, putting a bad FD in a not great spot.
    BB is wider, yet cold call the flop raise, against 2 aggressor and not closing the action. And BB doesn't have wide or crazy stats, so we cannot expect like a bad TP or similar (against which we are behind tho) but a good hand / draw (against which we aren't happy).

At this point on flop, I think H with a 5-high FD without SDV and without bckd equity like gutshot or else should fold (often) or raise (sometimes, but with the condition we expect enough FE esp. against better draws), but not call.
  • Zsolti07Zsolti07 Red Chipper Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Thank you. And what should I do if I check on the flop, and on the turn SB raises and BB reraises?
    And one more question: playing my way was ok the fold?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file