Ice cream cartons

jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in Off Topic Chat
I don't know how many of you are aware, but some time ago, they changed a half gallon to be only 1.5 quarts. All ice cream eaters know this is absolutely ridiculous. It's just such an inconvenient size. You run out exactly when you don't want to, and you can never get enough in that last serving (typically the third serving).

1.5 quart ice cream is 65BB, SPR 7.

Of course the price of ice cream never went down. It was really just disgraceful. Like they thought I wouldn't notice my last serving was only 1 little scoop!

I buy Blue Bell now sometimes, even though it's kind of hard to find. It's really expensive, but it's the principle of the thing. And you gotta appreciate them outing the industry by putting "Still a half gallon" right on the label.

Comments

• SplitSuitSplitSuit RCP Coach Posts: 4,082 -
    I can honestly say I wasn't expecting to learn anything about ice cream today...but I appreciated this fact =)
    📑 Grab my custom poker spreadsheet pack right now.
    📘 Start the Preflop & Math Poker Workbook today.
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://cdn.bluebell.com/the_little_crea ... allon.html

lol at 16 servings though. Maybe for 16 midgets that just got done with Bellagio's buffet. But it is a good 4 servings.
  • WpokerWpoker Red Chipper Posts: 35
    Breyer's changed their formula, it used to be 100% natural and printed that on the label, it now says "Quality" For a while it couldn't be called "Ice Cream" because it didn't meet the standard, they changed it to "Frozen Dairy Dessert" or something.

It might have been changed back recently but I was surprised when I saw this.

But this isn't just ice cream, all products have been reducing the amount they give you, they raise the price and give you less. (But there isn't any inflation!)
  • jeffncjeffnc Red Chipper Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, you're right, I never even noticed that. I can kind of understand part of the problem when they start dealing with Heath Bars and Oreos and other ingredients they didn't make. But I think there's more to it than that!
  • JulesJules Red Chipper Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    Oreos don't taste the same anymore! They would sell more because I would eat more. They don't call me groceries for nothing! I eat less oreos now because it just doesn't taste the same. Bring back the trans fats....it is -EV without them!!
  • WpokerWpoker Red Chipper Posts: 35
    They are reducing the size of every product and I have noticed this for a while.

Keebler Rainbow Chip Deluxe cookies at one time came with three M&Ms in each cookie. Now most of the cookies have two M&Ms, three or four in the package come with three M&Ms.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file