Should I pause?

1AMPOKER_1AMPOKER_ Las VegasRed Chipper Posts: 31 ✭✭
I started $1/$2 with a $4,000 bankroll and now my bankroll is down to $2,000. I know people like to blame most of their losses on bad luck and variance but, though I have run into my share of variance, I still think I could have played better in certain spots. My question is, should I put live play on hold for a few months, go back to studying 6 hours a day, and practice these new concepts online (where the stakes are lower, like .10/.20) and then return once I'm confident I am ready to apply new concepts to my game AND I've rebuilt my bankroll to $4,000 or should I stay in the fight, play live, study off-table and just go forward from there?

Best Answers

Answers

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,833 -
    Couple of questions. Being in a high risk group, I haven't ventured to the Strip in months. Are you playing short-handed games, how do you rate the competition, are you game selecting aggressively?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be really helpful to clarify whether this is a real, hard to replace BR where the risk of ruin matters greatly, or just the allotment of money you have on hand. Over the years, we've seen a lot of questions on this, but they all really boil down to this simple state of affairs for a player.
  • 1AMPOKER_1AMPOKER_ Las VegasRed Chipper Posts: 31 ✭✭
    @TheGameKat. 5-handed at Flamingo, 8-handed at Boulder Station. The competition is the mix of unstudied but "seasoned" vets who have been playing 20+ years and the young crowd who doesn't seem to study but are really aggressive. They usually don't give you the option to choose a table. When a seat opens up, you sit or wait. This wait could be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. Boulder Station actually charges you $4 to switch tables! But they only ever have just one table of $1/$2 going at any one time.
    @persuadeo. I deliver for UberEats and Doordash, so I can replenish this bankroll fairly quickly.
    @persuadeo. Excellent advice that I will definitely take. Appreciate your time!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file