What is a high 4 bet percentage?

ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 130 ✭✭
I was analyzing a hand that I got 4 bet in and I was trying to determine if the V had a high 4 bet percentage. It was 23% (4/13). V folds to 3 bet 53% of the time (7/13) which isn't a great sample size to do much with. He was on the button and I was in SB and raises about 60 % from the button. I'm trying to figure out how much of that range he would 4 bet and would it be worth calling. I had AQo. My 4 bet calling range is generally JJ & QQ AQs+ and AKo. So AQo would be scraping the bottom of the barrel unless he's 4 betting light which he might do against a SB 3 bet. Trying to put these numbers into something cohesive but having a bit of trouble.

Comments

• blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 306 ✭✭
    The sample size is too small. You can't say if V is a maniac or cardracking. Stack depths are also very important when facing 4bets.
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 130 ✭✭
    blindraise wrote: »
    The sample size is too small. You can't say if V is a maniac or cardracking. Stack depths are also very important when facing 4bets.

What would be a good sample size? I think we were both at about 100bb. Would smaller stack sizes widen or constrict calling ranges?
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭
    ulysses27 wrote: »
    I was analyzing a hand that I got 4 bet in and I was trying to determine if the V had a high 4 bet percentage. It was 23% (4/13). V folds to 3 bet 53% of the time (7/13) which isn't a great sample size to do much with. He was on the button and I was in SB and raises about 60 % from the button. I'm trying to figure out how much of that range he would 4 bet and would it be worth calling. I had AQo. My 4 bet calling range is generally JJ & QQ AQs+ and AKo. So AQo would be scraping the bottom of the barrel unless he's 4 betting light which he might do against a SB 3 bet. Trying to put these numbers into something cohesive but having a bit of trouble.

This is a pretty big topic and the answers can shift a decent amount based on sizes. Sometimes the BTN will min 4B or ~2.3x or PSB or 4B all in.

I also like to know other stats/showdowns that may support our hypothesis that he is 4Bing too wide. If I have seen showdown(s) that included some 3Bs and 4Bs with combos that are too wide/light. If I see high RFI, high 3B, and high 4B... I might take a hand like AQ(normally a call) and 5B jam it as an exploit

QQ and AK should be 3b/5b hands NOT calls 4B in the SBvBTN game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file