Finding time to study

csilvermancsilverman Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 29 in General Concepts
I started playing poker in early April when my work shut down due to Covid. From April until the beginning of May I was quarantined at home, and did virtually nothing besides study poker. In May work opened back up, but they had us working on a rotating schedule of one week in the office, one week at home. I generally did not have much work to do on my off weeks, so I was able to study for multiple hours a day.

In the middle of this month I went back to being in the office full time, and have struggled to find the time to properly study. I try to study for at least half an hour after work, but I get in the office at 6:30 AM and don't leave until 5:00 PM with a 40 minute commute each way, so im exhausted when I get home and often struggle to find the energy for meaningful study. I've started trying to study for half an hour during my lunch breaks at work to combat this, but even that does not feel like enough.

As of right now my plan is to focus on learning new concepts on weekends when I have time and energy, and practicing these concepts when I can during the work week, either during lunch or after work, but I'm not sure if this is enough. How do you guys with busy schedules get quality study time in?

On a related topic, is studying between 30 minutes to an hour every day during the week and 2-3 hours a day on Saturday/Sunday enough studying to see meaningful results?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,833 -
    I think this depends almost entirely on personal learning style. First, any study is better than none, but trying to cram in a session at lunch or after work when you're exhausted may not be particularly efficient. At least it wouldn't be for me. I do better by carving out a block of time when there are no other impending pressures.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file