Folding too much equity on the Turn?

Mulroyj2Mulroyj2 Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
Villain is 16/11 from 80 hands so is a tight aggressive player. I would give him around 9-10% RFI from UTG (66+,ATs+,KJs+,QJs,AJo+). So in analyzing this hand i wanted to see how we defend the flop and Turn with our range.

Using the hand reading template this is what i came up with.
5gmkwnfedxwf.png

I gave Villain a Turn betting range of 99+,77,AJs-ATs,KJs,QJs,AhQh,KhQh,AJo. our tens have about 20% equity vs this range. We need 25% equity to call. So in this example we are folding more often vs our opponent on the Turn because they are very tight and are unlikely to be betting worse hands than tptk here. And even if we hit the straight we might not get paid off and if we hit a Ten we could give V a str so i think fold the Turn.

BTN: 116.8 BB
SB: 102.4 BB
BB: 102 BB
UTG: 100 BB
MP: 245 BB
Hero (CO): 141.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has :TD::TC:
UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (7.4 BB, 2 players) :7S::9C::JH:
UTG bets 3.6 BB, Hero calls 3.6 BB

Turn: (14.6 BB, 2 players) :2H:
UTG bets 7 BB, fold

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,833 -
    With how much of the assigned range will a 16/11 call a preflop 3-bet?

It seems to me that playing the hand as a preflop call virtually turns TT into a set mine, which may be okay. But most flops will include an overcard to your TT, and UTG has all the bigger pocket pairs.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Mulroyj2Mulroyj2 Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
    I guess I have tens and jacks as part of my calling range from co vs early position.. I must look at his fold to 3bet and see if I should have adjusted by 3betting.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file