NL20 Top 2 pairs in monochrome flop

Zsolti07Zsolti07 Red Chipper Posts: 115 ✭✭
Villain (222 hands): 24/15/3,9 - Fold to cbet flop: 36, turn: 33

I hade on the flop top two pairs. The board is monochrome.
I thought, I need to cbet. A had three reason for it:
1. For value: he calls with any one card FD or worse two pairs (AT, JT).
2. For protection, I didn't want to give him a free card.
3. If I don't cbet, he will maybe bluff me with any two (he's bet vs. missed cbet is 67% from 3 case)

My call on the river was bluff catch, it was probably bad.

Thank you,
Zsolti07

Hand Information
Holdem NL 0.10/0.20, 0.2 BB (5 handed).
Hand History converter courtesy of pokerhandreplays.com

Table Information
Seat: 1 HERO ($21.29)
Seat: 3 StellarVortex ($20) Dealer
Seat: 5 Superkeebs1 ($23.26) Small Blind
Seat: 6 bigblacksock ($38.82) Big Blind
Seat: 8 mortalnuts ($20)
Dealt to HERO
JH.png AC.png 

Preflop (Pot:0.3)
mortalnuts    FOLD
HERO    RAISE $0.6
StellarVortex    CALL $0.6
Superkeebs1    FOLD
bigblacksock    FOLD

Flop(Pot: $1.5)
AS.png 10S.png JS.png 

HERO    BET $1.2
StellarVortex    CALL $1.2

Turn(Pot: $3.9)
AS.png 10S.png JS.png 7H.png 

HERO    BET $2.8
StellarVortex    CALL $2.8

River(Pot: $9.5)
AS.png 10S.png JS.png 7H.png 10C.png 

HERO    CHECK
StellarVortex    BET $6.65
HERO    CALL $6.65

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,833 -
    What are you protecting against? A singleton spade? Is your opponent ever folding such a hand?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Zsolti07Zsolti07 Red Chipper Posts: 115 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    What are you protecting against? A singleton spade? Is your opponent ever folding such a hand?

But for value is it ok?
    What would have been the perfect play?
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭✭
    Zsolti07 wrote: »

But for value is it ok?

If for value, that means you want worst hand to call. What are these worst hand which you expect to call you ?
    Red wrote: »
    Zsolti07 wrote: »

But for value is it ok?

If for value, that means you want worst hand to call. What are these worst hand which you expect to call you ?

Villain's call open from BU is 40% but the sample is small, let's 30.
    He's preflop range:

2lenndzdqz04.jpg
    This is 231 combos.
    I have 70% equity against this range on the flop.

I think, he calls the cbet and beat me with:
    -straight flush: 1 combo
    - flush: 14 combos (6,1%)
    - straight: 15 combos (6,5%)
    - three of a kind: 3 combos (1,3%)
    That's 33 combos. 14% of his range.

He calls the cbet and I beat it with:
    - Two pairs (JT): 16 combos (6,9%)
    - AQ (where Q is spade): 1 combos
    - T9o (where 9 is spade): 3 combos
    - Combos with one spade: AQo, KJo, QJo, KTo, QTo, A9o, T9o, 99,88: 23 combos
    That's 43 combos (18,6% of his range).

He folds the other combos.

If so, then the second range is just a little bigger. I don't know... But if I don't cbet, then I check/call? Or check/fold?

• ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 130 ✭✭
    Unfortunately your out of position with a board that is wet and dynamic. Yes your hand could use protection but most of the hands that call can improve much more then yours. By check calling you keep in any bluffs v has especially those with one spade that you currently beat. The turn is a bad card because more straights have completed. You could call a bet with hopes an A or J hits the river. When the 10 hits you now have a boat, flush and straight possibilities. Check fold is pretty much the only option because what hands are betting that you beat 99,88,AQ with a spade. Are those hands really betting the river? This board is risky to bluff at so based on v numbers I wouldn't expect it.
    ulysses27 wrote: »
    Unfortunately your out of position with a board that is wet and dynamic. Yes your hand could use protection but most of the hands that call can improve much more then yours. By check calling you keep in any bluffs v has especially those with one spade that you currently beat. The turn is a bad card because more straights have completed. You could call a bet with hopes an A or J hits the river. When the 10 hits you now have a boat, flush and straight possibilities. Check fold is pretty much the only option because what hands are betting that you beat 99,88,AQ with a spade. Are those hands really betting the river? This board is risky to bluff at so based on v numbers I wouldn't expect it.

Thank you. My river call was terrible, I know. The question was for me just the flop and the turn. If I think right, in this bord would have been right check/call on the flop and check/call on the turn (2/3 pot bets) and check/fold on the river. Am i right?
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 130 ✭✭
    That's how I would play it being OOP and based on player type. Now if the board was slightly different and you had a spade then you could take a more aggressive line.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file