Good use of Range vs Range Exploit?

Mulroyj2Mulroyj2 Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
So after going through ranges II in core i have started to take more notice in my opponents frequencies as well as trying to think about both V and Hero ranges (which is difficult to do). I came across many spots during a session today that i played very differently than i normally would. Normally i would fold in these spots.

Hand 1;
When V bets the flop here he represents Kx/55s and maybe some FDs. He is mainly going to have Weak pp betting for protection. WE can have all the big pairs and we block AK,KQ. If we get called we still have 45% equity vs TT-66.

BTN: 108.8 BB
SB: 282.2 BB
Hero (BB): 135.6 BB
UTG: 117.8 BB
MP: 100 BB
CO: 108.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has :QS::AH:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 8 BB, BTN calls 6 BB

Flop: (16.4 BB, 2 players) :KD::5C::KC:
Hero checks, BTN bets 8.8 BB, Hero raises to 20 BB, fold

Hand 2:
V is playing 9/9 from 24 hands. I expect him to call with many suited Broadways and 88-TT. I think a cbet is fine here as he probably folds his overcards. Without the A club i felt a check was better, keep the pot small. When V bets half pot There is not many value combos he is repping 99s and TTs. OOp i thought calling was too weak and wanted to put him under pressure.

BTN: 101 BB
Hero (SB): 256.2 BB
BB: 100 BB
UTG: 231.4 BB
MP: 223.2 BB
CO: 260.2 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has :5H::AH:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) :6C::7S::9C:
Hero checks, BB bets 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭✭
    Hand 1 is good.

Hand 2 is very questionable. Do you really have RA on 9c7s6c when opening from SB ???
  • RyanH1995RyanH1995 Red Chipper Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Hand 1 I think your range v range analysis is spot on and for that reason I prefer betting over x/r. Like you said you have all the AA, AK and KQ and villain will not have some of these hands or they will make up a much smaller portion of his range. If villain calls your x/r the pot is now inflated you are OOP with little chance to improve.

Hand 2 I prefer x/c with this hand. Villain may look very passive but the sample is only 24 hands so I wouldn't rely too much on it. He has many more value hands than 99 or TT which may also 3bet pre. He can have T8s, 97s, 76s, 96s, 77 and 66 along with a bunch of 9x. You do have a gutshot but it is the bad end. Playing passively on these super dynamic boards when OOP isn't always a bad thing.
  • Mulroyj2Mulroyj2 Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Thank you guys. I guess on the second hand with Villain being so tight (yes only 25 hands)i think he doesnt have two pairs, top pair or straights here as he is more likely to defend with suited broadways on PPs. But yes probably best to play more passively and when holding an ace we reduce alot of his ajo,a10o hands so we would be folding hands that we may beat on showdown with Ace high anyways.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file