Over pair OOp in 3bet pot

Mulroyj2Mulroyj2 Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
No notes on BTn here. I 3bet bigger as an exploit because i felt the BTn would call anyways as he called a 3x from utg: V range ; JJ-55,AJs-ATs,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs.

My sq range ; AA-TT,AKs-AQs,KQs,AKo-AQo

On this board we don't hit any monster value hands like sets, two pair or straight where V can have more sets than us. While playing the hand I put V on PPs as i feel at 5nl they love to call pre with them. I wanted to get value from 10s,JJs but i can now see that is very thin. Turn is a bad card as 10s and JJs pick up equity and on the R we just have a bluff catcher. WE need 18% and vs this JJ-55,JTs betting range we have 35% equity.

BTN: 145.2 BB
SB: 105 BB
Hero (BB): 194.6 BB
UTG: 81.8 BB
MP: 195.2 BB
CO: 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has :QC::QD:

UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 14 BB, fold, BTN calls 11 BB

Flop: (31.4 BB, 2 players) :7S::9C::5H:
Hero bets 10 BB, BTN calls 10 BB

Turn: (51.4 BB, 2 players) :8S:
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (51.4 BB, 2 players) :3C:
Hero checks, BTN bets 15 BB, Hero calls 15 BB
BTN shows J:heart: T:heart: (Straight, Jack High)
(Pre 19%, Flop 23%, Turn 100%)

Comments

• ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 130 ✭✭
    I was a little confused about the range you gave v. Is that their opening or calling range? As a calling range that seems pretty large but maybe you have a better sense of that at 5nl. I would assume a tighter range. I also was wondering about the small flop bet. If you're charging draws, lesser pairs and overcards, then you're giving a great price. I like the check on the turn and he's giving such a great price on the river it's hard not to call even though your only beating 1010 JJ and A high.
  • Mulroyj2Mulroyj2 Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Villains range is what he called my 3bet with. I have seen players call wider. With lower suited connectors. Perhaps the end result dictated the range I gave. If he called with jts he would call the rest. I agree the flop bet was weak and pointless. The board is bad for us so I bet small to challenge his ace or king high. I think a standard half pot size bet or check is better here. My logic with over pairs on these boards is to bet tens to qq and check kk and aa.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file