NL20 JJ fullhouse fold

Zsolti07Zsolti07 Red Chipper Posts: 115 ✭✭
Villain (62 hands): 26/23 - Postflop agg faktor: 0,5

I don't know, what could be his range. I thought, QQ-TT, AK-AQ but I don't think, that he raises the turn with AK or AQ and since he also puts me in a strong range, he probably don't raises with TT either.

Thank you for the opinions.

Zsolti07

Hand Information
Holdem NL 0.10/0.20, 0.2 BB (6 handed).
Hand History converter courtesy of pokerhandreplays.com

Table Information
Seat: 1 01feherbela ($39.43)
Seat: 3 pjac89 ($11.4)
Seat: 5 raspustinn ($21.45)
Seat: 6 Hot69REAliTy ($40.05) Dealer
Seat: 8 Fathead35 ($11.57) Small Blind
Seat: 10 HERO ($20.49) Big Blind
Dealt to HERO
JD.png JS.png 

Preflop (Pot:0.3)
01feherbela    RAISE $0.6
pjac89    CALL $0.6
raspustinn    CALL $0.6
Hot69REAliTy    FOLD
Fathead35    FOLD
HERO    RAISE $3
01feherbela    CALL $2.4
pjac89    FOLD
raspustinn    FOLD

Flop(Pot: $7.5)
9H.png 9C.png 9D.png 

HERO    BET $2.8
01feherbela    CALL $2.8

Turn(Pot: $13.1)
9H.png 9C.png 9D.png 8H.png 

HERO    BET $5.4
01feherbela    RAISE $17.4
HERO    FOLD

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭✭
    How do you think V perceived your range after your underbet both flop and turn?
  • Zsolti07Zsolti07 Red Chipper Posts: 115 ✭✭
    Did I underrepd my hand strength? I thought I don't need to bet bigger on this board.
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭
    Zsolti07 wrote: »
    Did I underrepd my hand strength? I thought I don't need to bet bigger on this board.

Hand strength does not equal a bigger bet (I would go larger pre though due to OOP and the number of callers). That's not exactly what Red is getting at. He's asking you about how Villain perceives this sizing, leading you to think about why Villain would be raising you.
  • Zsolti07Zsolti07 Red Chipper Posts: 115 ✭✭
    Ninjah wrote: »
    Zsolti07 wrote: »

Hand strength does not equal a bigger bet (I would go larger pre though due to OOP and the number of callers). That's not exactly what Red is getting at. He's asking you about how Villain perceives this sizing, leading you to think about why Villain would be raising you.

Unless because my preflop size think Villain that my range is weak... But how big is the standard squeeze size in this scenario? And is it possible, that Villain raises the turn with AK or TT because he thinks, my range is weak?
    By the way I would think, he has a capped range and I not. I have not too many bluffs and I could have AA or KK too, I squeezed UTG and two other players so I thought, Villain perceived my range extra strong (my squeeze sizing is maybe wrong). Am I wrong?
  • NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭✭
    @Zsolti07 typically I would start at 4x when you are OOP and add an additional bb per caller. That would put us at 6x here. I wouldn't think that he would have AK or even QQ here but he does have more combos of 9x than you as the preflop caller, though not many since 3 of them are on the board. With your preflop sizing and flop/turn sizing, I would suspect Villain is attempting to turn his hand into a bluff. He should flat the turn often as your bluffs likely give up on the river and he can check behind his showdown value or attempt to get more value himself so his turn raise seems suspect to me.
    Ninjah wrote: »
    With your preflop sizing and flop/turn sizing, I would suspect Villain is attempting to turn his hand into a bluff.
    It's also possible he tries to punish overcards (AK, AQ, maybe AJ). It's the question about how would V play a small PP or med cards (like JT) OOP against a wide-ish linear range who doesn't only have strong PP considering the bet sizing.
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 130 ✭✭
    The thing is you nailed this board. There are very few combos of 9x that a UTG would have and you hold the blocker to one of them. Sure v might have slow played AA but most players at 20nl don't do that. The question then is why use a smaller bet sizing. The only reason I can think of here is to keep Ax hands in the hand. But that runs the risk of looking like you have that hand yourself. By increasing the bet sizing you make turn and river decisions easier. If v raises on the turn your pot odds are good for a call.
    edited September 8
    @ulysses27 not exactly. For the reason that a dry 999 board is very different to a dry 992r board.
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 130 ✭✭
    Red wrote: »
    @ulysses27 not exactly. For the reason that a dry 999 board is very different to a dry 992r board.

Which part are you disagreeing with? That's its a good board for him?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file