Bottom Set OOP on WET Flop

Verbal25Verbal25 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
First HH on this forum so please let me know if I've done something incorrectly. I'm trying to format as close to recommendations as possible.

$1.50/$3 table through an app-based Pokerrrrrrrr club. In general, players are loose-passive (play too many hands preflop and don't do a ton of bluffing). Every now and then there are players who make terrible errors/plays, but they aren't part of this hand.

V1 ($430) HJ - Solid player who I've often seen make big river bets when his opponent caps their range... makes me think he's paying attention.

V2 ($500) CO - Typical loose-passive player. Haven't seen him do anything too memorable.

H ($525) UTG - TAG, especially when UTG (but I don't know if Vs have picked up on this).

Hero opens $9 :7c:7h to $9 UTG. Folds to V1 in HJ who calls, V2 in CO calls. Button and blinds fold.

Flop ($31.50): :Jc:7d:Tc

Hero bets $21
V1 calls
V2 makes it $62

Hero?

This is a spot where I tend to freeze up and have a hard time deciding the best way to proceed. I'm not folding, but what's the best way to extract value from worse hands?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,833 -
    You're not folding. Good. If you call, how comfortable are you? How many turn cards do you like? Are you going to lead?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Verbal25Verbal25 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited September 12
    If I call, my comfort level is going to depend on what V1 does. I imagine he will fold hands like A8 and QJ but will be getting an amazing price with clubs or even 98. I think V2 has more made hands than semi-bluffs because of his sizing (like +$40 into $90?).

If I call and V1 calls there are a ton of turns I dislike... club, T, 9.
    I like the board pairing since it gets me ahead of clubs and T9. It gives me the worst FH if I was up against 2pr, but I probably would stack off assuming BOTH Vs weren't still extremely interested in getting it all in.
    I think I would lead on a blank or if the board paired, feeling the need to keep V1 from seeing a free card.

If V1 folds I don't think I would lead. I'm not sure I can articulate why. I don't think there are many cards that will change who is ahead. I feel like if we get stacks in the only thing I'm beating is 2pr (there aren't many possibilities of that and he may even ditch some of those, especially if the flush comes in), but if we play for a medium-sized pot I'm winning a lot.

I'm not sure if that logic makes sense or not...
    I think you're muddled the T9 and the 89 or the flop is wrong, but... I think it boils down to what your opponents do with TT/JJ and JTo/JTs pre, particularly V2, and whether they raise draws. I really don't want to play this OOP to two opponents, so unless V2 never has JTo here, to me it's a pretty easy 3-bet on the flop.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Verbal25Verbal25 Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Completely muddled 98 and T9. My bad! Flop is correct.
    I think JJ, TT, JTs, JTo, are all in V2’s calling range.

Ok, thanks! I elected to 3bet but want sure if I was being over-worried about V1. I’m assuming you’d pick a sizing to target JT?
    Yeah I think you can simultaneously target JT (with the lovely bonus that, as an EP PFR your opponent may convince themselves you "obviously" have an overpair), while at the same time allowing an aggressive player on a draw the illusion they may still have fold equity.

It's a bit uncomfortable if V2 has JJ/TT in their range tho, which typically I wouldn't expect, but you know this player pool.
    Moderation In Moderation
    I wouldn't worry about V1. If they have the big made hand, they're raising flop.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • MasterJC55MasterJC55 Red Chipper Posts: 2
    Interesting hand. What happened on the turn?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file