QQ 3bet pot 10NL

Gary1258Gary1258 Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

So this guy was over running me with 3bets - At least 8 times across 2 tables in under under 200 hands total (yeah I know should have moved). My adjustment was to defend QQ with a call OOP. 4bet?
He was definitely 3betting a wider range than QQ+ AK, Although he had stacked me 1 orbit earlier with AA over my KK, it happens.
Once the flop was coordinated I decided to turn my hand into a bluff and raise but waited to the turn to do it. Didn't think there were many hands in his range that I was behind except AA/KK and thought I could maybe fold these out along with his Ax on this board. Is that even possible given the relatively low SPR?
Villain was playing 23/15 - 3bet 10 over 200 hands - pretty loose for Full Ring.
Really struggling in these 3 bet pots with getting the ranges anything close. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

MP: 100 BB
Hero (MP+1): 135.4 BB
CO: 112.7 BB
BTN: 272.2 BB
SB: 100 BB
BB: 65 BB
UTG: 100 BB
UTG+1: 218.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN raises to 9.9 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 6.9 BB

Flop: (21.3 BB, 2 players) 9:heart: 8:club: 7:club:
Hero checks, BTN bets 11 BB, Hero calls 11 BB

Turn: (43.3 BB, 2 players) J:spade:
Hero checks, BTN bets 22.5 BB, Hero raises to 114.5 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 92 BB

River: (272.3 BB, 2 players) J:diamond:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,833 -
    Let's assume for a moment this 3-bet% of 10 is reliable. What does that range look like?

Also, ask yourself what your stats look like to villain. If you're raising a lot, then calling V's 3-bets OOP, if I were in V's shoes I'd be 3-betting you every chance I got.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭✭
    Gary1258 wrote: »
    Villain was playing 23/15 - 3bet 10 over 200 hands - pretty loose for Full Ring.
    (I guess by "10" you mean "10%")

So, it can be loose or not. Two things aren't shown in these stats:
    - Is he position aware? His range / stats won't be the same if he overly 3bet LP or if it's more and less balanced between all positions
    - Against whom? Maybe he target specific players and 3betting them 100% and being much more conservatively against others.

Now if V is really running on the table with frequent 3bet, it means he is too loose. It's time to stop chicken out. Put him on a range, see that it's too loose (and how) and be aggressive. Especially OOP. Especially with a strong hand. Especially against a bully.
  • Gary1258Gary1258 Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Given the sample size 10% is probably an unreliable stat and the only hand I'd seen at showdown in a 3bet pot was the AA - KK stack off. Today during the session I was 15/12 - 6% 3b - my fold to 3 bet 76% (23 of 30) with a 4bet stat of 13% (4 of 30) over 500 hands so overall I was maybe giving up too much pre flop.
    In my defence most villains 3 bet really tight on 888 at 10NL FR so I'm not sure how best to defend in general when I don't yet have a huge sample to go on.
    I've been surprised by the amount of 3 betting, lots of squeezing and 3 betting by regular players particularly from the blinds against late position raises. This guy was definitely positionally aware though (not common most regs just play their hand regardless of position).
    Maybe he just had a hot session and hit a look of strong hands.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭✭
    Gary1258 wrote: »
    Pacific Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

So this guy was over running me with 3bets - At least 8 times across 2 tables in under under 200 hands total (yeah I know should have moved). My adjustment was to defend QQ with a call OOP. 4bet?
    He was definitely 3betting a wider range than QQ+ AK, Although he had stacked me 1 orbit earlier with AA over my KK, it happens.
    Once the flop was coordinated I decided to turn my hand into a bluff and raise but waited to the turn to do it. Didn't think there were many hands in his range that I was behind except AA/KK and thought I could maybe fold these out along with his Ax on this board. Is that even possible given the relatively low SPR?
    Really struggling in these 3 bet pots with getting the ranges anything close. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Like others said don't give too much weight to 3B stat on 200 hands unless you see some showdowns that confirm it.

If he is 3B too wide then QQ is slam dunk 4B/C NOT call 3B OOP

No need to turn a very strong overpair into a bluff.

Also, consider your entire range - in this line you likely have 77-JJ more than your opponent. With all those nutty hands + other hands(ieQQ/AcJc....), you will have no problem defending this turn.

• Gary1258Gary1258 Red Chipper Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Thanks for the analysis guys much appreciated.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file