Adjustment for structure

MnpokerMnpoker Red Chipper Posts: 149 ✭✭
Do to Covid I have started playing a bounty (1/3 of buy in) tournament 6 handed 10K Starting Stack 15 minute levels Big Blind ante starting on level 2 and is 10X BB. Given the structure how much do I need to open my range? I tend to be tight aggressive but I know that I need to loosen up with this structure but how loose. If it maters I am a 56 year old male with a tight aggressive rep in the room

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,931 -
    The BB ante is 10x the big blind??? What are the first few blind levels?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • MnpokerMnpoker Red Chipper Posts: 149 ✭✭
    First 3 levels are
    100-100
    100-100-100
    200-100-200
    BB-SB-Ante
    Oh okay that makes more sense.

So when you say open up your range, this structure looks fairly normal, so open it up relative to what? The fact it's a bounty expands your calling AI ranges when covering. The fact it's 6-max means you can think of it as never having to open in EP. You need to be wider with antes than without, but with 15 minute levels and antes at level 2, that likely just means you will never play a hand in level 1.

Without knowing what your current range is, it's hard to recommend specific adjustments.
    Moderation In Moderation
    Roughly 85% of the time

Early Position A-10 suited, A-J off, KQ S/O, AA- TT 15% Mix as low as 22 and 5-4 Suited. No double gapers

Middle add in 99-77, A9 A 8 suited , QJ, JT T9

Late if unraised add A7-A-2, 89, 78, J9 Q-T
    15% include K-x suited and some additional double gaps.

Early Raise or fold, Middle raise 80% call 20% random, late raise 60-70 % call balance if in. This gets adjusted with table texture
    So I'm guessing what you need to look at more than structure is deciding how to vary your range with stack depth. I say that simply because you haven't mentioned it.
    Moderation In Moderation
    That said, I'm never open limping and rarely overlimping or calling raises pre. But everything is sensitive to stack depth. For example, small-med pairs get pretty bad at 50bb and below, and you should be doing some things that are probably counter-intuitive like 3-betting as semi-bluffs some offsuit broadways. And all of this depends on the typical open you're looking at.

Probably the best area to make progress is to make sure you're 3-bet/shove and open-shove ranges are all solid.
    Moderation In Moderation
    Will do thanks
    Tracked the 3 bet open shove range and then compared it with charts and I am under shoving and 3 betting by about 20% so I will be working on adjusting that. I know my stats were one session and the hands of that session but I also recognize it as typical of my play. I will be tracking and tweaking for the next three months and we’ll see what happens.
    Sounds good. Note that if your opponents are playing accurately, they should be calling wider because of the bounty, in which case you being a little tighter than default Nash may be okay anyway. However, my experience is that most players don't call wide enough. They sometimes accidentally coincide with Nash when ICM becomes important, however.

And they say tournaments are easy. Ha.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file